Chapter Four

It has been 3 days since I was sent to my Post in San Juan Bautista and I honestly can say it was quite peaceful

It has been 3 days since I was sent to my Post in San Juan Bautista and I honestly can say it was quite peaceful. There were a lot of tourists that came to see and explore the mission church, mostly elementary school field trips. When i got here, i was told that locals or tourists could come any closer than the bridge to see the mine since it became military property a few years back.

I sighed thinking how Aliyah would love to be here. She always drawn to stuff like this ever since she was young.........It always made me wonder where she came from? Nobody knew the truth about Aliyah, except Ali. That night i brought her home, he was waiting for me on my porch. My anxiety picked up as i explained to him about what happen. I know he never entirely believed me, hell i wouldn't either. And yet he never questioned nor treated her any different. I couldn't be more thankful for him.

" Staff Sargent Makoa." My commanding officer walked to me with two other soldiers. I stood at attention presenting arms. " Major Gaston sir." I replied. I use to serve with him in my last tour, back when he was Lieutenant. " At ease Sargent." He states releasing me from my position. " I brought you two more subordinates. Lance Corporal Jenkins and Private Dansey. They will be at this post with you and the other Squad members, let your second in command Master sergeant Fredricks know. " He speaks.

" No Disrespect, but Master Sargent Fredrick is my superior sir" I stated confused. I wasn't understanding since i wasn't the higher-ranking member in the squad. " Was....You been promoted to first sergeant; it was supposed have been given to you before you left your last tour. "He replied. I nodded my head in surprise as he took the old Velcro rank replacing it the new one. He nodded back at the two soldiers as they walked towards me waiting on my command. " Um you guys go ahead in the mine and i will meet you there." I instructed the two as the nodded heading in.

"Sir a word if you have a minute?" I asked. he nodded for me to continue. " I'm sure you know that after my last tour, i never signed another contract...I'm not sure why I'm here." I stated. " Yes, I'm aware, I've been looking into it and It in the process getting it override as we speak and with your new rank being active...it should get you some more lead way...at least get you deployed back to base in your state."