Adorn

We entered the scene, people fake laughing and drinking over priced champagne.
It's hard to think just a few days ago I hated Landon.

"I'm gonna go get a drink."

"You're underaged." I whispered.

"This is my mom party. I can do whatever I want Love." I rolled my eyes and watched as he walked away.

"Hello beautiful." A guy started. I looked at him with a glare. "Well it's nice to meet you too. I'm Braxton Barnes." I didn't answer. "You know it's rude to ignore people." I tried to walk away from him but he gripped my wrist roughly.

"Let go of me."

"You should learn some respect around here." Before I could do anything, Landon had came over and punched him.
It got quiet.

"Don't even touch my woman like that again or I will end you. Understand?" Braxton whimpered. Landon took my hands in his. He saw the bruise forming around my wrist.
Damn.
How hard did he grip my damn arm.
I could practically see the steam coming from his nose and ears. "I'm gonna fucking kill him." He said turning around and kicking Braxton in the stomach.

"Babe." He continued. "Landon stop!" I said. He stopped and I led him outside where he paced around. "Landon. Calm down. I'm okay. Look! I'm perfectly fine." He kicked a vase causing it to break. With my hands I held onto his face and l looked deeply into his eyes. "Calm down." I said. He pulled me closer and I put my lips on his.

My first kiss.

I pulled back.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yes. I am, thank you." He said calmly.

"Is everything okay out here?" Paul asked stepping outside.

"Yep. Everything is perfect Dad." Paul looked at the scene between us. "She's a keeper if she can calm you down that quick." He said giving us a wink then heading back inside.

"How about we go home. We'll have the house to ourselves for a couple of hours."

"If that's what you want to do babe. So be it."

"Okay."

At home

We were in our room getting undressed to go to bed.

"You know, we never finished the fantasy." Landon said wrapping his arms around me from behind. I only had on my underwear and a tank top that barely reached under my butt.

"Really Landon?" I commented. He started placing kisses down my neck.

"I want to hear you scream my name Love."

"Leave me alone." I said walking away from his embrace.

"Why do you always resist when you know you want it?"

"Because you can play the same game with a different girl. I know how you are Landon."

"But I'm trying to love you Lina."

"I don't want your love." I yelled at him.

"Then why did you do this?" I couldn't find an answer.
He trapped between the wall and his body. "Look me in the eyes and tell me why you did this. Tell me you don't feel any emotional connection towards me and I'll let this all go."

"I don't." I said.
I'm just doing what's best for me.

Two weeks later

We were back in school and it's been hell for me. Everyday Landon is out with a different girl, everyday and I didn't think it would hurt as bad as it did.

"Can you go somewhere, we're about to fuck." Landon announced. There were tears in my eyes and I glanced up at him and Ashley, she smirked while he remained stoic. I took my phone and my wallet. I couldn't take this anymore. I called a cab.

"Where to ma'am?"

"Johnson funeral home please." I said.

"Is everything alright ma'am?"

"Yes sir."

"Don't let one guy ruin your future."

"I won't." I said. He stopped at the funeral home. I opened my wallet.

"No need ma'am. It's on the house, or should I say car."

"Thanks." I said. I got out and went to the cementary.

Lizzie and Mark Trevor
(1979-2013)
Parents of Evangeline Trevor

I fell to my knees and cried.

"Mommy, Daddy. I miss you. So much. I don't know what to do anymore. I wish you guys were here. Life is so hard. Why didn't you take me with you?" The rain softened the dirt as I pulled up the grass.
I wanted to be with them.
I put my head in the dirt as I cried.
The clothes stuck to my body as I lied there in the dirt.