Part 3

The next morning I woke up eager to go to work to meet the mystery man I had the pleasure of meeting over the phone yesterday. I was excited and a little nervous, but who wouldn't be?

As I got to work, I opened up as usual and heard someone coming in. Is he here already? My heart fluttered at the thought of him coming.

I stepped out only to come face to face with an enraged Hannah. "So you think you can just leave me on seen, huh?" I was in utter shock and even choked on my spit. "Hannah, what are you here for this early? Don't you have a date to attend?"

"Well, I was going to be nice and come over to see you before my date, but I'm not feeling so nice anymore because you left me hanging!" She pouted unhappily. "You know what's even worse? You ditched talking to me for a dude!" She rolled her eyes. "Did you forget that you're the one going on a date while I'm stuck here?"

"Whatever. Anyway, who is this Taehyung, and why is he suddenly more important than me?" She crossed her arms sassily as she leaned over the counter curiously.

Involuntarily, at the mention of his name, I felt a blush creep over my cheeks and a jittery feeling in my fingers. I grinned almost idiotically as I thought about how soon he would be coming with his friend.

However, I could see Hannah staring at me with raised eyebrows, and I covered up my reaction quickly, clearing my throat. "Uh- he's the guy who came up here talking to me yesterday while you were having a conversation with Namjoon," She shrugged, not knowing before wiggling her eyebrows. "I'll leave you to it then. Have fun and don't scare him off," she called out and waved as she left.

Soon, crowds of people began to flood the arcade; with each newcomer, I scanned their faces anxiously, half-expecting it to be him. But it wasn't him.

A couple of hours pass by, and I started to grow a bit desperate. The end of my shift was nearing, and neither Taehyung nor his friend had shown up yet.

After waiting for hours, I decided that shooting Taehyung a text would make me feel a lot better and hopefully ease my nerves.

Just as I thought of the fact that he wouldn't come, I heard a voice behind me. "You were waiting for me?"

I turned abruptly and gasped. An extremely handsome man stood on the opposite end of the counter, leaning slightly over it. He hid behind his hands as the visible grin he wore grew from ear to ear. A slight giggle left his lips as he caught sight of my look of surprise, sounding so lovely.

"You made it," I scrunched my nose at him. He laughed at my delighted expression. "I told you I would, right? I'm sorry for being late," he rubbed the nape of his neck sheepishly.

"At least you're here now,"

He smiled again. He had such a lovely smile, with pearly whites that seemed to light up his already attractive features. I couldn't help but smile back simply because he was so admirable.

For a while, we didn't say anything until he shyly started to ask questions. "So, what time do you get off?"

"Soon actually, I get off in fifteen minutes,"

"Would you like to go somewhere else later? I figured that I'd make it up to you since I was late,"

"You would have been a distraction for me anyway," I admitted, feeling another blush spread across my cheeks like fire. He must have noticed it because he chuckled, his tongue poking out slightly to run across his lips. I watched intently, feeling myself turn notably red. As his eye caught mine, he blushed furiously too.

"Then, I guess... you'll go out with me after this?" he asked again, stammering slightly. I smiled. "Sounds good to me. Thank you," He shook his head and murmured almost to himself. "I should be the one thanking you,"

"You don't mind waiting for me to close, do you?" He shook his head and propped his elbows up on the counter, "I'll help you,"

"You want to help me?" He shrugged. "It'd be fun." He looked so cute. It was to resist. "If you say so," He beamed like a child and eagerly followed up behind me.

Eventually, we began to start cleaning up, and with his help, I was able to close earlier than I expected to. "Thanks for your help," I said as we prepared to leave together. "Thanks for letting me," he replied, smiling genuinely.

I locked the door of the arcade before turning to face him. "So, where are we going?"

He looked up in thought for a moment. "There's a carnival that stays open till midnight. Would you like to go?"

"Oh my god, yes! I've wanted to go," I clapped my hands and jumped up and down joyfully. "Can we go? Please?"

"I don't see why not," He began to walk ahead, and I was about to follow his lead. Then a sudden realization stopped me in my tracks. "Hey," I called out softly. He turned around. "Yes?" he asked calmly.

"You know... I still don't know your name."

He looked taken aback as if he had just realized the same thing I did at that moment. But it was only for a moment before he composed himself and gave his beautiful, signature eye smile.

"Jungkook. My name is Jungkook,"

To Be Continued