Chapter Nineteen - Phone Calls

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n

{Phone Calls}

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Skylar's POV

The next morning neither of us get out of bed right away; in fact we take too long. This poor decision is going to mess up our plans for the day, especially since we have so much running around to do. But I don't want to get up, I can't get enough of him.

The sunlight streams in from cracks in the blinds as I laugh. I slide my fingers through his hair while he kisses my stomach. "Your lips are cold."

"Do you want me to stop?"

I shake my head adamantly. "No, please don't."

Without hesitation he continues his slow, torturous decent down my torso. He does everything I silently plead him to do and surpassed my expectations.

When I've met my quota on pleasure, I try to return the favor but he refuses telling me 'not yet.' "We need to get going."

I lie in bed with the blanket around me and watch him get dressed. Eventually I get up too and get ready. My ankle isn't in pain like I thought it would be. It's definitely sore but most of all, it just stunned me last night. But it also got me laid so I'm not complaining.

I brush my teeth and decide to wear a short sleeve dress with a jacket and sandals. The weather is a lot warmer here than it is in New York.

When I emerge from the bathroom, he pulls me into his embrace and kisses my forehead. "You look amazing."

"And you look handsome."

"Ready to go?" He grabs his car keys and I grab my purse. While we ride the elevator down and walk to the car, I pull up directions to the county of adoption building. I have tried telling Jayden this isn't going to work because neither of us are part of the family. We can't just request adoption records. It's confidential, even to the adoptee unless their guardians are present or they're old enough to obtain it themselves.

I put the address in the GPS and lean back in my seat. "Jayden, I've said it before don't get your hopes up and don't get Noah's hopes up. The chances of getting these records are low."

He shrugs his shoulders. "I know, it's worth a shot though."

Eventually we pull into the parking lot and head into the agency.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The woman behind the desk smiles. Jayden beings telling her everything. He shows the paperwork that Noah gave him, hoping it will push her in the right direction. I stand by idly not sure what to do with myself.

"Sir, I'm sorry but it's against our policy to release records. Is the birth father or mother here?"

"Hold on one second." He turns to me frantic. "Could you check the car for the other folder?" I furrow my eyebrows and nod when I notice a folder missing from his hands. He throws me his keys and I run to the parking lot.

I check the entire car: front, back, under the seats, and trunk but there is nothing. I try to think back to where we set the folders but have no luck. We either left them in the room or they're back in New York.

When I walk back into the building Jayden is gone and my phone dings with a message.

Jayden: I found the folder tucked in another, she took me back to a room to wait. I'll be out in a few.