CHAPTER SEVEN: SEAFLOWER

Tesla walked with us as we trudged through the waist deep snow, down to the docks and up a side street. This led us around the side of the mountain out of site of the town. Here I saw a huge building with two massive sliding doors that led to a ramp which angled gently down to the water's edge. We followed him to a side door that he opened and we walked inside.

The cavernous building had room for two boats to be built at the same time. One of the building bays had the wooden skeleton frame of a medium sized fishing boat. The Captain walked over to an open walled office that had a large drawing desk in it. 

 He sat down and pulled open a drawer and proceeded to sort through a bunch of rolled up blueprints. He removed one and unrolled it on the big desk clamping it down. Tesla plopped down on the side of the desk as we looked over the drawing.

It was a beautiful ship with some pretty ingenious design modifications in the hull, engine and steering and I believed with my Dad's help we could probably even improve on them a bit more.

"Sir" I asked, "would you mind if I had my Dad look at these plans?"

"Not at all young sir" he said, "any help or improvements would be welcome. Besides it's not like work will begin on it anytime soon as our carpenter either hasn't gotten back or didn't survive."

"Oh" I said, only half aware of what he said as I pondered the drawings. "I'm sorry to hear that."

We talked about his design and what his ideas were and how he wanted it to look. Eventually we ended up just chatting and getting to know each other better. 

 Katrina even asked some questions of her own as we all traded answers back and forth. Somehow though the conversation wound around and we ended up talking about Angela and her two kids.

"So" the big man said crossing his arms over his wide chest, "it seems as though your father has been captured by sweet Angela's beauty does it not?"

"Um, yeah I guess so." I said half blushing.

"He wouldn't be the first that's to be sure." He said laughing his huge echoing laugh, "Ever since we stumbled into this wonderful little town she has turned heads where ever she goes. That is to be expected I guess. She is definitely the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in all my travels, and I have visited many places let me tell you. But what I would like to know is what kind of man is your father? Is he worth of Angela's admiration?" 

He said very seriously before continuing on, "Because I have not protected her all these years and chased many a unworthy or dishonest suitor away to have her fall for one just because he is from another world. After all you have done for us, I would hate to have to play the jealous father and toss your Pappy out on his keister, but for that dear sweet lady I would do more than that.

"Wow" Katrina said, "You must really Love her. Why have you not asked for her hand then?" she asked the gruff sailor.

"Hrrmph" he grumbled, "You sorely mistake my intentions child. Dear Angela is like my daughter! When I married my wife I took a vow that said till death do we part. Now she is dead because of those blood sucking bastards but I am not. I could never love someone like I loved my wife and I will not rest until this world is cleansed from their evil."

"You have helped my quest more than you will ever know but there are still more of them out there and I swore on my sweet wife's grave that I would see this through to the end. I swear by all that's holy," he said standing up and towering over both of us as he pulled out a wooden stake from a belt loop, "that I will be the one to drive a stake through the very last vampire's cold rotted chest."