Chapter 3: First Fight and Using Magic

Hmm, the more and more I look at my status, the more I get curious.

With [Zerris's Blessing], I can level up far quicker than a regular person, and I can earn Skills by performing a single action on it. I didn't know how this was supposed to work, so I decided to test it out.

And that requires me to fight something. I was thinking of fighting Amy, but comparing her stats with mine, I don't stand a chance.

Luckily, on our way to the village, we ran into an enemy.

It was a goblin. It had the body of a child with pale green skin and pointy ears.

It didn't have any clothes besides the dirty brown cloth that covered its lower area. It also had a rusty dagger pointed at us.

The goblin spoke in an unfamiliar language. I didn't know what it just said, so I'm going to ignore it.

"Master, the insect wants to fight us." Amy interpreted.

"Wait, you can understand it?" I asked.

"I am fluent in all languages, including ancient ones like Apesh."

(AN: You guys will understand what race speaks Apesh, but for now, just make some theories on it. I won't tell you that you're right, but I also won't say you're wrong either XD)

I don't know what that means, but I get the point.

So, this thing wants to attack us, huh? I guess I can enlighten it.

But first, I should know how strong it is.

"[Appraisal]" I chanted.

Name: None

Race: Goblin

Age: 5

Class: Soldier

Level: 3

Rank: F

STR: 300

DEF: 200

AGI: 420

MRES: 100

Skills: [Dagger Arts: Beginners]

Special Skills: None

Titles: [Derk's Soldier]

This thing doesn't even seem that dangerous compared to me. It may be two levels above me, but its stats were basically trash.

What's up with that? This must be Zerris's blessing again.

Also, what's with the Rank thing? Does that tell me how dangerous it is?

Rank: Displays the level of difficulty the monster is. Rank F being the weakest to Rank SSS being the most dangerous.

Well, that explains that. It seems that it only applies to monsters though since neither Amy or I have it.

I wonder what the Shadow Wolf's rank is. Actually, I'll worry about that later.

Right now, I should focus on the goblin.

After verifying the goblin's abilities, I approached it. The little green monster gave me a wicked smile and made a fighting stance.

I did the same as well. The goblin then charged at me.

It was pretty slow, so I didn't really react much. The green monster then tried to thrust its dagger in my stomach.

Thanks to my Agility Stat being higher, I dodge the goblins attack with ease. I then grabbed its arms and tossed it aside.