Chapter 117: So Close, Yet So Far

After making the oath with the rulers, I was now able to relax.

Well...Not exactly.

Apparently, before I can fully settle down, I have to wait for the continental rulers to make an announcement about the Oath. Once they do that, I'll be able to be at ease.

Still, even if they make that announcement, I doubt people would approve of it. Some of them will likely risk punishment just to take me down.

Doesn't really matter, though. I have plenty of power to defend myself.

If they want to come after me, then I say let 'em.

Although I say that, I can't be overconfident. Just because I'm strong now, doesn't mean I've reached my limit.

Besides, I've already encountered both monsters and people who can still best me in combat. I may have strength, but I'm still a novice in combat.

I got lucky most of the time, and I'm uncertain when my luck will run out, so I need to get stronger. Plus, I think having an army would also do me some good, at least in the long run.

Thanks to Terra, I have a pretty big army of monsters in the S to SSS ranks. However, they won't be enough.

I've already witnessed that when I sent Terra's monsters against the Orcs. Although they diminished their forces, the Orcs still won the fight.

I was told that the Orcs were in the A-Rankings. So, seeing as how A Ranks were able to deal with S rank monsters, it's clear that I need a bigger and more formidable force.

Maybe I need knights or something. I kind of like the sound of having my own army of knights.

Still, how am I going to find one? I'll have to put a pin on that later.

For now, I'm just gonna relax for a bit. I'm currently in an Inn that we'll be staying in for a day or two.

I'll be continuing my journey to Askon in a little bit, but I at least want to rest a bit before proceeding. Plus, I discovered something that will make my trip to Askon a whole lot easier.

I realized this after my fight with Terra. Apparently, I can use my crows as my eyes to open up portals to where they've been, like how I opened a portal in the sky to drop it.

So, in theory, I could use my crows and have to fly all the way to Askon, then I can open a portal there. I didn't know something like this was possible, and I was glad that I figured it out.

It actually makes traveling anywhere so much easier. So, while I was at the Inn, I got my crows traveling over the Mountain of Death and towards Askon.

I'll be able to go to that place in no time.

Anyway, I should check up on the others. Amy and the rest of them said that they were going to explore a little more before leaving the city.

Knowing them, they'll likely cause trouble if something gets on their bad side, so I decided to leave the Inn to make sure they're okay. And by okay, I mean not causing any trouble.

I used an illusion spell to hide my true identity, and I quickly left the Inn to look for them. It wasn't that hard finding them thanks to [Search].

[Search] was a Divination spell that allows me to search for anybody or anything within a fifty to sixty-meter radius. It was pretty useful so I've been using it for a few other things as well.

I found a few dungeons nearby thanks to this ability, so I'll be checking it out in a little bit. Anyway, thanks to [Search], I was able to find Vlad along with Amy and the others.

For some reason, when I try to look for Amy, she's always hidden even when I use [Search]. It must be thanks to [Hide Presence].

It seems that everyone was looking for some new clothes. My current attire was fine, so I didn't see a point in looking for any.

Since I had no business with them, I decided to do some looking around myself. There wasn't much to see since I've already been to most of these stores, so I gave up a little while later.

I wonder how Terra's doing? Since the Mountain of Death is its territory, Terra went back there to guard it.

I also ordered it to clean up our little mess with the Orcs. Once the corpses of gone, the townspeople will be able to live there again.

[Terra, did you clean up the corpses?]

[...No, I didn't.]

[...Why?] I asked in confusion.

[Because...They're not there anymore. The corpses are gone.]

[Huh? What do you mean gone?]

How are the corpses gone? Did giant birds decide to pick them up for food?

[How are the corpses gone, Terra?]

[I have a good idea how, but it's pretty bad.]

I don't like the sound of that.

[What is it?]

[It appears that they rose from the dead, master.]

[Huh?! You mean their zombies now?]

You gotta be kidding me, right? There's no way that they turned into zombies.

I killed those fools and they came back as zombies? What kind of sick joke is that?

[Master, this is a lot more serious than you think. It seems that a Necromancer brought them back from the dead.]

[Hang on, are you telling me that all of the corpses turned into zombies? Including the ones that Thana and I killed?]

[I'm afraid so.]

That's impossible, though. Thana told me that when she kills her enemies with the Sword of Death, no necromancy magic can bring them back.

So, how did Korgan and the other ten Orcs get brought back to life?

[Can you tell me what Necromancer did this?]

[I cannot. But, I can tell you that this necromancer is very powerful. Powerful enough to override Thana's [Death Touch].]

Yeah, that's pretty bad. If this necromancer's that powerful, then it'll be problematic later on.

[Can you tell me where Korgan and the other Orcs are?]

[Yes. They not far from the town, but they seem to be heading in a certain direction.]

[And what direction is that?]

[Yours, master. It appears that they're heading towards Breumore City.]

Why are they heading there? What the hell is going on here?

[Keep an eye on them for me, okay? I'm going to check this out myself.]

[Understood.]

Once I ended the call, I summoned some Shadow Crows and sent them over to Terra's location. After that, I'll have them look for Korgan and the rest of the Orcs.

Geez, just when I thought I could take it easy, this happens. I'm going to make that Orc Lord's undead life a living hell. 

Author's Note: 

It seems Damien can't catch a break, even if he really wanted to, huh? 

Well, I'll see you guys in the next chapter. Let me know what you guys think in the comments. 

See Ya!