150.2

Zhao Jie's eyes met Wei Luo’s line of sight and he suddenly thought of how she had almost been sold by Du-shi when she was six years old. He stopped smiling and went over to her side to bring her into his arms. With his chin on her head, he said, “Ah Luo, do you know what decision I’m happiest about in this life?”

Wei Luo leaned against his chest and blinked her limpid eyes. “What?”

Zhao Jie said, “I’m happy that I didn’t let you off for biting me when you were six years old.”

Wei Luo recalled that scene and curved her lips.

Zhao Jie held her small hand and fiddled with her soft fingers. “At that time, I thought you were such a pretty, little girl. But, you were also too crafty and unruly and needed to be properly disciplined.” He paused, lowered his head, and bit Wei Luo’s cheek. “You bit me and then said that I didn’t taste good. You’re the first person that dared to do something like that.”

Wei Luo couldn’t resist smiling. She turned her around to look at him. “Then, how come you didn’t discipline me later on?”

Later, he had found out about her plight and felt that this little girl’s life wasn’t easy, so he had a moment of compassion. And after that, every time he saw her, she always made him feel very interested.

Both of Zhao Jie’s hands were around Wei Luo's waist as he smiled and said, “Aren’t I disciplining you every night?”

Wei Luo didn’t know why he went back to saying nonsense. She glared at him for a moment, pushed him away, and said, “I’m going to the prow of the boat to walk around.”

She was like a child that slipped away after finishing a meal.

The riverside was windy and the prow of the boat was slightly cold. Wei Luo wrapped her arms around herself. Then, she suddenly felt something on her shoulders. When she turned her head to look, she saw Zhao Jie standing behind her. He had taken off his black fur cloak to give to her. Instead of politely declining, she tightly wrapped the cloak around herself. Looking at the far away glimmering riverside, she suddenly saw something bright. She pointed in that direction and said, “Big brother, look. What’s that?”

She saw numerous sky lanterns gradually being released and floating up into the sky on the riverbank. It looked like a vast sky full of radiant stars. Wei Luo counted. There were at least a hundred and ten lanterns. Along with the sky lanterns, there were also countless river lanterns being released. Carried by the river current, various types of river lanterns floated by their boat. It seemed as if Huai An River had changed into a starry sky that stretched from far away to here. It felt as if a thousand stars were slowly being sent in front of Wei Luo.

(T/N: Below is a picture of the sky lanterns.)

The nearby pleasure boats seemed to have disappeared and only their boat was left on the river

The nearby pleasure boats seemed to have disappeared and only their boat was left on the river. Wei Luo’s large eyes open wider and she looked around. A countless number of river lanterns surrounded their pleasure boat. There were lotus flower lanterns, turtle lanterns, Chinese unicorn lanterns, carp lanterns, and so on. Wei Luo’s eyes felt blurry from this dazzling sight. She crouched down to pick up a lotus flower and looked at it for a long time in a daze.