166.2

Wei Luo also felt very interested. She placed her hand on her belly. Little watermelon really seemed as if it was responding. It replaced its foot with a small hand to touch Wei Luo’s hand on the other side of her belly. Wei Luo’s eyes suddenly felt damp. She had been pregnant for so long. This was the first time that she truly felt her child’s existence. She really wished that it could come out sooner and wondered how it would look when it came out. Since it was Zhao Jie and her child, it definitely wouldn’t be ugly.

---

It wasn’t early anymore. The sun was moving towards the western horizon. Wei Luo and Zhao Liuli bid Empress Chen farewell and planned on returning to their respective residence next.

Empress Chen went with them to Qing Xi Palace’s entrance to send them off. She rather ruefully said, “Seeing that the both of you are living well, I can put down the worries in my heart.”

Zhao Liuli thought Empress Chen was only feeling sad because there was no one by her side anymore. She held Empress Chen’s hand and said, “Imperial mother, don’t worry. I’ll frequently come back to the palace to se you. I definitely won’t let you feel lonely.”

Empress Chen helplessly said, “You’re already married. How will it look if you frequently come back? Rather than hoping for you come to visit me, wouldn’t it be better for me to hope that Ah Luo will frequently come to the palace to keep me company?”

Wei Luo said, “Once my child is born, I’ll bring the child to see imperial mother. Once you have a grandchild to play and spoil, there won’t be a reason for you to worry about not having people to accompany you.”

Empress Chen smiled and said, “You’re right. I’ll just look forward to my grandchild’s birth.”

After Wei Luo and Zhao Liuli left Qing Xi Palace, Zhao Liuli and Yang Zhen left first while Wei Luo sat inside the carriage and waited for a bit before Zhao Jie came out through the palace’s main doors.

Wei Luo thought Empress Chen’s recent words and she had a peculiar feeling. She asked, “Has imperial mother said anything to you recently?”

Zhao Jie brought her onto his lap and fiddled with her fingers as asked, “What’s wrong?”

Wei Luo said, “Imperial mother didn’t seem happy today. She’s probably feeling lonelier in the palace now that Liuli is married. And, she doesn’t seem like she has any intentions of forgiving His Majesty. I’m worried that she’s feeling too lonely by herself. I want to come to the palace more often in the future to keep her company.”

Zhao Jie kissed her small face and said with a smile, “Of course, you can. Just wait until after you give birth.”

Right now, Wei Luo’s belly was becoming bigger and bigger. It wasn’t convenient for her to go out and she might also meet danger on the way to the palace. Thus, it would be safer for her to stay at home.

Wei Luo considered for a moment. She nodded and said, “I previously asked you to arrange for more people at Bao He Hall. Have you arranged it yet?”

Zhao Jie said, “I did this a while ago.” As he scratched her nose, he deliberately joked, “How can I not obey Ah Luo’s words?”

Wei Luo pouted. Just as she was about to say something, the carriage shook and stopped on the road.

Zhao Jie lifted the curtain and asked, “What happened?”

The carriage driver replied, “To respond to Your Highness, the carriage in front of us broke and is blocking the road. Should we take a detour to return to the residence?”