168.7

Very quickly, a man on a horse stopped in front of Wei Luo. The wind brought over the scent of blood. Zhao Jie flipped over and dismounted from the horse. He hadn’t had time to change out of his full suit of ming guang armor and the sword that was hanging on his waist was still stained with blood from beheading someone recently. Zhao Jie looked at the scene in front of him. First, he coldly swept his gaze across the guards behind Wei Luo, then he looked at her. His voice was clearly gentle as he said, “Why did you come out? Didn’t I tell you to stay at home?”

(T/N: Below is a picture of ming guang armor.)

Wei Luo flattened her mouth and blamed him, “It’s your fault for not explaining things clearly

Wei Luo flattened her mouth and blamed him, “It’s your fault for not explaining things clearly. Why did you hide such a monumental matter from me?”

Zhao Jie curved his lips and said, “I didn’t want to make you worry.”

She complained angrily in heart. She would only be more worried if he acted so mysteriously! But, seeing that he was completely fine, she let out a sigh in relief. She couldn’t help rushing over into his arms.

Zhao Jie instinctively retreated half a step and said, "I'm dirty.”

Wei Luo didn’t care. She tightly hugged his waist. She could feel the heat of his body even with ming guang armor between them. She furiously said, “If you ever do this again, I’ll never forgive you.”

Zhao Jie helplessly smiled. He stroked her hair, “En. In the future, I’ll tell you everything.”

Thus, the group of subordinates watched as their cold-blooded prince hugged his princess consort in front of everyone. His warm and pampering expression made him look as if he wasn’t the same person that had recently beheaded Prince Rui with one slash of his sword. Zhao Jie hugged Wei Luo for a long time without moving. When Wei Luo stopped being angry and raised her head, her face immediately turned red in embarrassment when she saw the numerous soldiers standing behind him.

Zhao Jie chuckled. He turned around and said to the group of people, “Yu Zhi, bring everyone back to Shen Ji Barracks and wait for this prince’s orders.”

Yu Zhi acknowledged his order and led the group of soldiers back to Shen Ji Baracks.

Wei Luo held Zhao Jie’s hand, turned around, and started heading back to their home with hurried steps, “Come with me.”

She hadn’t properly settled the score with him yet.

---

When the fifth prince and Prince Rui had tried to force the emperor to abdicate, Zhao Jie had killed Prince Rui on the spot and locked up the fifth prince in the imperial prison. He had stripped away his title of prince. After a date was selected, he would be exiled a thousand kilometers away. Prince Rui’s household was also punished for his crime. The men would be exiled and the women would be sold as slaves. Prince Rui’s heir, Zhao Jue, couldn’t endure hardship on the way to being sent to exile and died of exhaustion on the road. Rumors said that he wasn’t even buried with a decent tombstone. He was casually left behind in a desolate area in the countryside.