Chapter 4 TV

It had been a few days after Harry had come to my school. The reporters were still in front of my school, and people were still nice. I hated it, I wanted people to leave me alone.

I hadn't called Harry, and I wasn't planning to call him. I walked towards my locker, grumbling as people were being nice to me.

"you could be a little bit nicer." Daniel said, laughing at my reaction to other people. I never liked people quickly, and I had always a thing that I didn't lie about anyone, and sometimes that made hate people.

But most times I would dislike the person overall. "You know I won't, so that comment was completely useless." I said, he just laughed, not acting offended at all.

"oh come on, they're not that bad." I rolled my eyes at him.

"weren't you the one who didn't want to be around any of them, who pushed them away?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"those people are horrible, why would I go around with them." he said, like he hadn't just said they weren't that bad. I laughed loudly throwing my head back.

"I have no idea why you would go around with them, I have no idea why I would go around with them either." he just shook his head chuckling.

"how come we always meet up at your locker?" Jackie questioned. "I mean, we usually stand here, why not at Dan's locker or Jen's, hey." she suddenly realized it rhymed and she laughed.

"because this one is like a center in school, I only have to walk a bit and I'm at my own locker." Daniel shrugged.

"and that's why I'm lucky." I pinched her nose and she scrunched her nose up.

The school day was long, and it was hot, I hated this. People were smiling at me, noticing me. I disliked everyone who tried to talk with me, they were even asking about Harry. I don't mean to be rude, but you can't make it more obvious you talked to me just because of him and not because of me.

I walked outside school, I walked home pushing through the pack of reporters. I got home and quickly made my homework. We didn't have much homework we had to make, I had to make something for History and Math.

Math was harder then I thought it would have been. We only had three exercises to complete, but they were hard.

my mum called me down for dinner, and I quickly ate. "honey?" My mum finally asked after a tense awkward silence.

"yes mum?" I asked, shoving a fork with macaroni in my mouth, looking at her the fork still dangling between my fingers.

"how is it that I've seen your face on TV, and in the newspaper?" that's what this is about. I sighed and put fork down.

"I- uhm... Sang in a pub, and they filmed it and yeah..." I trialed off, not wanting to start talking about Harry.

"and what about that boy you sang with?" my mum knew more then she gave away. I groaned.

"I don't want to talk about him." I whined childishly, my mother chuckled. 

"you might not want to, but you have you." she pointed out, pointing her fork at me. I gave in, knowing when my mum wanted something she got it. I was the total opposite, I never got what I  wanted and gave in way to much.

"we both got on stage, and we didn't want to give the other the microphone. We were both stubborn. So we started to sing together, people filmed the whole thing, and it was fun honestly." My mother seemed quite interested.

"then the next morning I come to school, turns out the boy is in some kind of pop band." I said, not saying Harry came to my school. My mother nodded her head, a bit slowly.