Chapter 11

(dedicated to @Kamicraze. Thanks for your support- comments are so sweet! )
Lizzie's P. O. V
My hands trembled and were stiffly launched into his blonde hair. I traced the edge of his cheekbones with the pads of my thumbs amd dragged his head closer to mine.
This was good. No- it was f*cking ecstasy.
I tensed as his tongue wormed its way into my mouth. What am I supposed to do now? I've got a live, wriggling, wet tongue in my mouth that is attempting to being shoved in my throat.
I was to involved to pull away now though.
I fought his tongue with mine, letting instinct take over. I don't know what the hell was going on, but all I knew was that it was amazing. Electrifying. Weird.
He was the first to pull away, gasping for air and slinging an unexpected arm around my shoulders, letting me stumble into his side.
Cole pressed a final kiss against my temple.
"Is that a good enough reason?"
For a moment, I was speechless. I couldn't process what just happened, only butaya pieces that didn't really make sense.
Lips. Tongue. Saliva. Wow.
"That was..." I began, "You just-"
"Did I do something wrong?" he stammered, nervous and concerned. He grabbed the finger I was using to trace my lips.
Never in my life did I ever think that I'd get to witness the arrogant Cole Stewert nervous. I fought against the urge to laugh at his ridiculousness.
"No" I breathed, "It was-"
"Disgusting" Liam supplied. I glared at him, surprised at his return, Ruby tucked against his chest with his arms wrapped around her.
Cole scowled and held up his middle finger. "P*ss off" he growled. Cole lead me far away from the exit and into a lounge where a few kids stood in clusters. Cole dragged me on to a couch and bundled my limbs onto his lap. I blushed at his confidence.
"You were saying?" he smiled. I sort of fidgeted awkwardly, trying to find my words and voice that had abandoned me.
"I'll.." I started, "I'll stay. For you, until you need to go home"
Cole frowned a little and made a pathetic attempt to cover up for it with a forced smile.
I hesitated before I kissed his lying lips shyly and snatched my face away. He opened his legs and let me settle in between- my back against his stomach, my head against his chest- and wrapped his arms around me, securing me in place. "You aren't going anywhere"
I noticed the room was strangely empty despite a few minutes ago. It made me nervous. Nervous, but not uncomfortable.
"N-not yet" I stuttered. Just the idea of it made butterflies explode into a vicious storm inside me.
Cole smirked and raised an eyebrow. My heart staggered as he tightened his hold.
"Not yet what?"
"Don't r*pe me!" I squealed as he switched our position so he was on top of me. Cole laughed and sat me back down into the position we were originally in, not forgetting to land a kiss on the back of my neck. The simple gesture sent a shiver through me.
"When you are" he purred, close enough that I could feel the words hitting the back of my jaw. "just tell me, because I'll make sure you won't regret that decision"
His southern accent thickened and the butterflies scattered and increased in numbers.

Cole wrapped me up in many blankets once we were in the infirmary. There were so many vacant rooms, but Cole insisted, masking his concern with an authoritative demanding voice as he explained to me that I was most likely still a little messed up by Ruby's mind screwing. I wasn't convinced, but I played along anyway to save him from embarrassment.
He left the room with a small smile on his face and lips wet and swollen from what started as a small kiss.
It wasn't small. Not innocent either.
But we both didn't regret that.
I collapsed into sleep as soon as I closed my eyes. I collapsed into a dream, a memory, that I promised myself never to visit again.
I was ten at the time. I came home like a mindless little robot- bag on hook, shoes on shelf, walk in, never meet parents eyes.
But they wanted to meet my eyes. I couldn't run away this time.
"Why" was all she said. My mother, who never treated me like the daughter I tried so hard to be. When I didn't answer she started whacking her palm impatiently with the wooden spoon in the other hand. She wasn't going to hit me- no, she never did. There were to many security guards stationed around the house for her to break the law.
"I punched him because-"
"No. This is the third time you've been sent home. I'm taking you out of school"
I started to protest, but she wasn't finished. Not even close.
"What you did- what you keep doing is stupid. I wish you'd just fit it like you're supposed to. Maybe even die, so you didn't stick out so much"
The words hit me with more pain more than they should've. Words threatened to come out, but my mind pleaded in fear with my voice and I was silent.
"Such a disappointment. You will never be fit to take over the company"
She made this clucking sound that hurt me even more. She scoffed at me.
"Are you seriously crying?"
"No" I choked.
"God. This is your fault, stop making me look like the bad guy. It's hard enough that you screw up at a school that's a fortune to pay. Get out of my sight. Don't even think about dinner. Starve"
That made me cry even more. I let out a small whimper and choked out a strangled scream of protest.
I screamed myself awake, and the door swung open, and Cole was there. He dashed to my side and threw himself next to me. He kissed my hair, my face, my jaw until I was no longer crying, but shaking as I hiccuped. He tugged me against his chest, where I clung to his bare shoulders and sobbed into his bare chest. I couldn't care less that the only thing he was wearing his boxers. I just needed to feel the warmth radiating from him. Cole cradled me against his chest and smothered me in kisses until my breathing slowed into a steady pace.
"Breathe. Jesus, Sunshine. Breathe"
And I did. And I felt better- because he was there.