twenty two, FINAL CHAPTER

"mr. dolan?" i kept hearing that voice.

"mr. dolan, excuse me?"

i opened my eyes and right in front of me there was a nurse.

"who are you?" i said examining the room i was stuck in.

"mr. dolan, you don't remember me?" she laughed.

i looked at her in confusion.

"i'm your nurse" she gave me a big smile.

"where's alenne? where is she." i kept screaming, a tear crossed my face.

"can i call you ethan?" she asked smiling.

"sure" i was still very confused.

"ethan, alenne isn't real. we talked about this with your doctor: dr. franklin" her hand touched lightly my shoulder.

"what?"

"ethan i should call the doctor." she stood up and started walking away holding my schedule, i assume.

"no you don't"

she was no longer in the room, i sat there like an idiot, trying to understand what the fuck was happening to me.

"hi ethan, how are you?" this old man started walking around in the room.

"where's alenne?" i asked

"oh ethan, we talked about this many times, and every time i say this my heart breaks. alenne isn't real, it's just a fantasy, an imaginary girl you created and started being obsessed about her. this happens when you feel very lonely and need someone." he was talking like i was a child.

"but i know for a fact that she is real! she is my girlfriend and she loves me!" all of our moments together started scrolling through my mind.

"ethan, those were hallucinations that the medication gave you."

"this can't be real. this can't be real this can't be real." those word kept repeating in my head.

"ethan calm down. take deep breaths." he started holding my hands.

"inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale..." as he said that i started doing that until my breathing was regular again.

"doctor, what is wrong with me? i'm crazy." i cried.

"ethan nothing is wrong with you" he was lying, i know something is wrong with me.

"lies" i turned back

"no.." eye contact stopped.

"where is grayson?"

"grayson, like your brother?"

"yes of course" please be real, please be real.

"uhm.." he didn't answer.

the doctor called the nurse and afterwards whispered something in her ear.

"uhm yeah he's doing great" her annoying smile was still on her face.

"can i see him?"

"well, not right now."

"and when?" i started panicking.

"don't worry." she fucking smiled again.

an awkward silence was filling the room.

"now it's time for you medication." she walked away and another doctor came in.

"goodbye dolan" he said.

i fell asleep.

and never woke up again.