Controversies

Some people say that Science Studies and Social Studies have different difficulties. Science Studies are harder; Social Studies are easier. Science Studies is so complex and Social Studies is super-easy a non-calculating study. Science Studies is more logical than Social Studies.

This is true: both of them are different. But old folks think that they both have a different value of knowledge. Well, that is also true. They have different subjects, contexts, and purposes. Social Studies incorporates more subjects about society, the environment, and our surroundings. And Science Studies has more subjects about how things are and the calculations about how things are on Earth and more to the question of how. But even though they have a different purpose, they have similarities, such as: they both have the same level of complications. There are a lot of people that judge others by the streaming that they choose for SMA Grade 1 (in Indonesia). In olden times, they thought that choosing Science Studies as streaming would have more opportunities to become anything you want. Well, they're correct. Choosing Science Studies can create openings for your future more dynamically. Based on IDN Times, you can pick Mathematics and an IPA Major, Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Food Technology, Biotechnology or others. And even though scientific studies present more job openings these days, you want to be simpler because you will need that extra space in your brain to be a better person, have a better score and not only gain knowledge. When you have painted your future as a youth, you won't pick Science Studies, because it has more complex studies than Social Studies. And these days, when people want to apply for college, they will see certain kinds of streams for certain majors. For example, when we want to be a doctor but we like learning IPS more than scientific studies. Well, this is self-explanatory, because when you want to be a doctor it is not just about the degree behind or in front of your name but it is the passion of learning about the human body which leads to Science Studies. It's not just about that: it is about your feeling while learning those subjects. If you have no passion or happiness while studying the human body (Biology), equations (Physics) and molecules (Chemistry) you will not pick Science Studies. Same thing with IPS when you feel sleepy while studying History, the world (Geography), and money (Economics), you should not pick IPS as your major for Grade 10. Trust me: if you do pick subjects you don't enjoy learning, you won't learn anything and you'll feel like you're stuck in a jail with teachers talking about facts you don't care for.

And so, with the standardization and concepts of Science Studies, they are better than Social Studies. There is really no need to have a level of superiority-inventory between these two streams. Both Science Studies and Social Studies need two different competencies and both for each student's choice; one can be really good in a different, respective, field.

Various different misconceptions exist about scientific studies and Social Studies. Is it really true that Science Studies students are great at calculations and Social Studies students are great at memorizing? This is one of the many stereotypes that netizens talk about. People say that if you're good at calculating, choose Science Studies. Pick Social Studies because you're good at memorizing. Trust me: there are a lot of people that think with that mindset.