Confirmation

Even though one of these studies may look or sound smarter than the other, both require a different requirement to study. Do these studies have equal difficulties? Yes. Since they present a difficult base for us and how we can adapt and understand them. It doesn't mean that the harder the studies are the better it is. None of the studies are better than another. If our kind of stream in the future is more about social matters, then we choose Social Studies as our kind of stream. If our kind of stream is more about science, then we choose Science Studies. If we don't commit to what we choose in the streams, then we will feel like we want to leave and we will not want to study that any longer. We should commit ourselves to studying; we need the want and the need to study. Not just the necessity of study because of our parents or because of our teacher. We should have the urge and need and commitment to it.

Misconception:

This misconception is so wrong in many ways. Based on Bloom's Taxonomy, human ability in the cognitive domain is divided into three aspects, which are:

Level 1: Knowledge; knowledge is about the facts and/or specific terminologies, knowledge of methods, and universal theories and principles.

Level 2: Comprehension; Comprehension is a cognitive skill that needs a skill of understanding, comparing skills, interpreting and analysis and being able to conclude discussions and main ideas.

Level 3: Critical thinking

• Analysis: Test and analyze information and/or learn to identify those components from information.

• Evaluation: Propose and maintain our opinions, based on certain criteria, to create judgments.

• Synthesis: Collect information from current judgments or ideas to create more sustainable ideas.

Therefore, none of these controversies are true or real, because the Tenth Grade uses none of them. They probably use some misconception to define what those studies do. But other than that, we don't act like what the misconception says about our attitude when we're studying. We don't discriminate between other studies.

There are some legitimate statements in those misconceptions: Science Studies will have more in-depth analysis and observation with numbers, formulae, and calculations. You will need to learn and memorize formulae and calculations. The same thing with Social Studies: Social Studies has less memorizing than what you'd think. Both these studies are educating you to understand more than simply memorizing. Therefore you can rely on your understanding more than on your memorization skills.

You see, what you search for online is not actually the truth. When you search 'Perbedaan IPA dan IPS'. The information that pops up in the answer bar is simply not true. They are just saying what people are saying. They're not saying what they have been saying to you. Those articles and guides on what the differences are saying are misconceptions about Social Studies and Science Studies. They do not really guide confused students in determining what to choose.