Chapter 20

Luke's POV:

As soon as I looked at Caitlyn and saw she was crying, I felt bad for snapping at her. There I was, pissed off because she hadn't waited for me, when there was obviously a reason for it. I regret barging in here, having a go at her. I should have just came in and asked her. When I saw she was crying, I felt kind of worried. I have no idea why I felt worried, but she just looked so upset.

Make-up was smudged under her eyes, black lines running down her cheeks. Her eyes were red; her hair that had been perfectly straightened earlier was in a mess. Caitlyn didn't reply, when I consistently asked her what was wrong. Why did I want to know so much? It was probably girl stuff, why do I give a shit.

For some reason though, I do. So that's why when she pushed me out the front door, after waiting a few seconds, I began knocking on the door again. Caitlyn looked completely broken; it makes me feel awful to think I might have made her feel like this at some point in her life.

"Please open the door Caitlyn." I begged, trying to look through the letter box.

"Just go away Luke. Please." she finally said after a few minutes. Her voice was quiet and I could tell she was still crying.

"I'm not going. I'll just wait here until your parents show up." I told her. When she didn't reply for a while, I spoke again. "You know I'll do it."

After another few minutes, the door slowly opened. I walked inside, to see Caitlyn sitting in front of the door. When I was inside, she leaned against the door, making it shut. She buried her head in her knees while I stood there awkwardly.

"Are you okay?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

"I'm fine." she told me.

I shouldn't of, but I laughed. Only a small laugh, but a laugh loud enough for her to hear. She looked up at me, frowning.

"I don't believe for a second that you're fine. What's wrong?" I asked her.

Another tear fell from her eye and I nearly wiped it away from her face. What the hell? Why am I thinking like this? I sat down next to her, bending my knees like she was. My right knee leaned slightly on her left, and she didn't move like I thought she would.

"I don't really want to talk about it." she told me. Caitlyn seemed so fragile right now. She wiped her face a bit, turning her attention from my knees and looking in front of her.

"You don't have to tell me." I told her, keeping my voice quiet like hers.

She took a shaky breath and turned to look at me. I looked straight back at her, my blue eyes staring straight into her big brown eyes. "Ash- Ashton broke up with me."

What? Why did he break up with her? I've seen the way Ashton looks at her; he can't take his eyes off her. He's always smiling. When I've seen them together, he seems so happy. Why would he want to break up with her? It makes me really pissed off at him to know he's made Caitlyn feel like this; completely broken.

"Oh." I said as she cried again. This was getting awkward, and I had no clue what to do. So I just reached my arm out and put it on her shoulder. She looked over at me again, and then my hand on her shoulder before looking away again.

We sat there in silence for a while, until her mum got home. They started hugging and shit, so I decided to leave.

Caitlyn's POV:

I've spent the past four days just lying on my bed. I haven't eaten anything, only drinking water. The more I thought about Ashton, the more upset I got. It's not even the fact that we broke up; it's the fact that our friendship will never be the same. Ashton was my best friend, my only friend, and now I have no one. It would all be so weird; we can't just ignore everything that's happened and carry on like we're best friends.