Chapter 38

Luke's POV:

When I reached Calum and Michael, they stared at me as if I was a complete stranger to them. For a while, I stared back, but then reached into my pocket and pulled out a cigarette. Some smoke from their cigarettes blew into my face, and I couldn't find my lighter.

"Do you have a lighter?" I asked them, even though I knew that they obviously would because they were smoking too.

In silence, Michael pulled one from his pocket, flicking it and making a small flame appear. I leaned forward; my cigarette propped in my mouth, and lit it, nodding my head at Michael as he put it back in his pocket. The three of us all stood in silence again, just smoking.

"Not that it hasn't been lovely to have your presence back or anything, but what do you want?" Michael asked me, an eyebrow raised. It actually made me laugh a bit, and I took my cigarette from my mouth and held it as I spoke.

"I just wanted to talk to Calum. This English project thing is shit, and I don't want you and Caitlyn having to work together. You're obviously going to have to do it though, but I don't want you going to Caitlyn's house." I told him, my eyebrows furrowing slightly.

Calum scoffed, shaking his head and blowing smoke from his mouth. "Where are you going with this, I'm assuming you're going somewhere with it?"

"Yeah I am. I don't really want you going to each other's houses, but that's a bit impossible if you have to get the project done. You've been to my house before, so I just wanted to tell you that for the project you'll both come to my house. And I don't give a shit if you don't approve by the way." I quickly added, looking over at Michael quickly before looking back at Calum.

"You're going to supervise us? What the fuck do you think I'm going to do Luke?" Calum asked me, reaching an arm over his chest and scratching his shoulder.

"I don't know, but last time I wasn't there you both beat the shit out of her." I replied bluntly, looking at them both this time.

"Yeah well there's no need to worry, I'm not doing some bullshit project. She can do it alone." he told me, shaking his head.

"I don't want you doing the project with Caitlyn but I don't want her doing it alone. You are going to do the project Calum, don't be such an asshole." I told him, frowning again as I took some of my cigarette.

"You're her boyfriend; you do the project with her. You're going to be there anyway." Calum told me, rolling his eyes.

"I'm not in your class and I'm not her fucking partner. I have no clue what you're learning about and what this project is either." I told him, getting bored now. I was freezing cold, but I wanted to try and make Calum understand, and I wanted to finish my cigarette.

"To be honest, I don't either." Calum replied, laughing a bit. Michael suddenly joined in, putting his phone back in his pocket and laughing with Calum.

Standing with my two best friends again, I found myself really wishing that they weren't such assholes. If only they didn't care about me going out with Caitlyn, and if only they weren't horrible to her, then I could still be friends with them. The only times I have spoken to them lately is if I'm arguing with them, and even though I do it for a reason, I don't want to.

"Seriously, you guys are such dicks." I told them, meaning it, but putting it in quite a nice way.

"Is this you trying to hang around with us again?" Michael asked me, throwing his cigarette on the floor and rubbing his foot on it, putting it out.

"No it's not; don't get too ahead of yourself Mikey." I replied, throwing my cigarette on the floor and putting it out before walking away.

_______________________________