Chapter Fifteen: Keep Your Loved Ones Close

Chapter Sixteen: Keep Your Loved Ones Close

Hannah walked out into the fresh air with a smile on her face. Sunday mornings always did her good. Her church always left her in a good mood.

She'd left the house that morning with a small farewell to the cat and Booth, both agreeing to meet up at the Mailbox after both respective churches were finished and had arrived at Hillcrest Pentecostal church with a weary heart.

But now, she felt rejuvenated. Alive. Excited. No matter the fact that they still had a case to solve or a father to go and see but the pastor had said something that had sparked something in her mind that made her conclude something she hadn't thought of previously.

"Hannah, I'm so glad you came." Pastor Eric exclaimed as he caught up to her outside the church. Hannah grinned and shrugged.

"Unfortunately, work keeps me busy. But not today." Eric smiled at her and gave a light laugh.

"Yes, unfortunately that does happen. But I must say, you look much happier now than before the service." Hannah closed her eyes and smiled, shaking her head. "Rough week?"
"You wouldn't believe it." Eric laughed again.

"Being an FBI agent not living up to its full dream?"
"Oh, it's not that. Trust me. I love my job. It's just that this week has been more... of a trial that usual." Eric nodded thoughtfully.

"Well you know that Jane's and my door is always open to you, Hannah, if you ever need to talk." Hannah nodded. "Good. Well enjoy your day and do tell young James that we say hello."
"I will." Hannah cracked a laugh and waved goodbye to the pastor and returned to her car,  smoothing out her dress as she walked. The weather was staring to warm up again,  much to Hannah's happiness and this morning, had found that her dress was probably more to the liking of the church, society and to her legs. Jeans had proved to be too warm. Booth,  wasn't complaining when she walked out of the bathroom either, the dark purple dress loosely hugging her curves.

Driving to the Mailbox didn't take long either. Everything was conventionally located for Hannah, her preference to have everything within fifteen minutes of each other coming down to her grandmother's hate of traffic and long waits. Heather had instilled in Hannah from a young age that making sure good places were located at least fifteen minutes from your door were key to ensuring a happy, queless life.
Until she went to the Christmas sales that was.

Walking into her favourite café/bar/restaurant made her feel all the more energised as the thick smell of coffee and French fries greeted her nose. Taking a seat on one of the various bar stools, Hannah kept an eye out for Booth and greeted the barista as she meandered over from the coffee machine, pencil tucked into her bun as she greeted Hannah back.

"Howdy. What can I getcha?" Hannah grinned.

"Coffee. Lots of coffee." The barista nodded, a thoughtful look on her face.

"Now tell me, how would you feel about coffee with a twist?" The mischievous look on her face made Hannah raise an eyebrow.

"What kind of twist?"
"I can't tell you that, you'd just have to trust me." The barista grinned. Hannah nodded thoughtfully.

"Okay then. Make twisted coffee."
"Ohhh I like that. Twisted Coffee..." She mumbled to herself for a moment before moving to the kitchen window and slapped the frame before a string of rapid fire Spanish left her mouth. Hannah had to blink a couple of times to make sure that the tiny barista had actually said all that.

When she turned back around to start off her coffee, she saw Hannah staring at her with a semi-amused/confused expression on her face.

"You know, most people just say 'You speak Spanish?' But you, my friend, take the cake for best facial expression."
"I just... didn't see it coming,  that's all." The barista pulled a lever and the machine made a steaming noise and got her in the face with steam. Another string of Spanish words, one of which Hannah actually recognised as her calling the machine 'the devil' and laughed to herself. She pulled out her phone to check the time, hoping that Booth was already on his way there.