28

"Dr. Saltzman? Mom?" Valerie called out when she and Hope saw Alaric and Ophelia standing in front of an unknown lady, who happened to be Jo, Alaric's former wife.

Alaric and Ophelia turned to glance at the two girls while Ophelia continued to pin Jo against the tree, "What's going on?" Hope asked, clearly realizing something wasn't right.

Alaric panted for breath as he turned at Jo, "Hope, Valerie, we need your help," He informed the two girls and a worried look grew on Valerie's face.

_____

Penelope and MG were in the middle of conversing with each other when they saw Hope and Valerie walking by with a flashlight and a shovel in both of their hands, "You gonna howl at the moon wearing that?" Penelope asked Hope, referring to her dress.

"Sorry, no time for bitchy banter," Hope replied with an attitude, only to have Valerie grab her by the arm, stopping her.

Valerie stopped walking and both Penelope and MG began to walk closer to her and Hope as Valerie turned to face them, "Hope and I could use your help finding Josie. What do you say? Wanna team up?" She asked them and Penelope immediately walked over to Valerie, a concerned look on her face.

"What?" She asked her concerned.

"Apparently, her possessed biological mother buried her alive in the cemetery," Hope informed her and Penelope quickly picked up a shovel from the garden.

"We're coming with you," MG told her and both him and Penelope immediately following Hope and Valerie through the woods.

Later on in the woods, Valerie led the group through the woods, each of them holding a shovel in their hands except for MG as they got ready to search for Josie, "MG, listen for her breathing," Hope ordered.

"Hold on," MG suddenly said, causing the group to stop walking, "I hear something. Shovel."

Penelope handed MG her shovel and he used it to begin digging up some dirt at where he heard a heartbeat. MG gasped as a hand suddenly sprouted out from the ground as the unknown being began to growl.

MG fell to the ground as the zombie tried to attack him. Penelope quickly picked up the shovel and stabbed the zombie in the neck with it, which didn't seem to do any damage, "That won't work!" MG exclaimed as he picked up a shovel and stab the zombie in the forehead with it.

He pulled it out and the zombie dropped to the ground, dead. MG made a disgusted look as he stood up from the ground, "To kill a walker, you got to go for the brain. Everybody knows that," He commented.

"Every nerd, you mean," Valerie argued as she scoffed loudly.

"Just call it a zombie," Penelope added in, gesturing to the dead body of the zombie.

Just then, a few more hands belonging to zombies sprouted out from their graves, causing Hope and Valerie to share a worried look, "Zombies," Hope corrected Penelope as the Zombies growled and wheezed, "Plural."

The Zombies began to stalk toward the group of four and the group quickly got into their fighting stance

Meanwhile later, MG had just knocked off the head of yet another zombie, "Whoo!" He shouted out excitedly, "Two for two, baby."

"Val, Penelope, and I can handle the rest," Hope told MG, "Just find Josie."

"Right. Got it," He replied, nodding his head in understanding before speeding off.

As the zombies neared them, the three girls stood in a triangle, "How do you girls want to do this?" Hope asked Penelope and Valerie, "Magic?"

"I saw we DIY and pretend they're Lizzie Saltzman," Penelope suggested.