41

In the Salvatore school, Dorian was trying his hardest to keep all of the students trying to get out of the auditorium inside since they were all being controlled by the slugs.

"Dorian? Dorian!" Alaric called out as he and Emma arrived at his spot in the hallway.

Just then, Ophelia rushed over, finally obtaining the ingredients needed to snap the students back into reality.

"Stand back!" Ophelia shouted, stopping front of the door, "Emma, do it!"

Emma lifted her arms, directing them toward the door, "Vessera Portus," She chanted and the chains immediately wrapped tightly around the door, locking it.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Dorian sighed in relief.

Alaric turned to Dorian, thinking that he was talking to him, "I'm flattered," He commented, only to watch as Emma walked over to Dorian, wrapping her arms around him before kissing him.

Alaric's widened, sharing a glance with Ophelia, who smiled at how shocked he looked. After they pulled away from each other, Emma and Dorian turned to Alaric awkwardly, just before Ophelia spoke up, "Um, so I may have found a solution to our little slug problem," She stated, breaking the silence in the group, "I already have Landon on it."

"Aximander Dust," She informed the group of adults, "It was favored by the witches of the Roman Empire. Something I learned all thanks to Kol Mikaelson, the most cheeky bastard I know," She commented with a smile on her face, "It conducts electricity through anything it touches."

Ophelia knelt on the ground, pouring a line of it across the hall and to the door of the auditorium, "Think of it as chain lightning." She paused, "All it needs is little..." She trailed off, "Lecutio," She whispered, snapping her fingers, which ignited a spark.

The spark went down and into the auditorium, where it shocked all of the kids inside. After being shocked, the slugs exited them, causing numerous people to scream out as they were snapped into reality.

Ophelia cringed in disgust as she watched numerous slugs be squished and stomped on by the students through the door's window.

"I used to be fine with bugs, but I don't know anymore..." Ophelia trailed off, letting out a sigh as she shook her head.

______

In the woods, Josie and Valerie entered the abandoned mill together, "So, what is it you wanted to tell me before?" Valerie asked Josie curiously.

"What do you mean?" Josie asked Valerie confused, acting as if she didn't know what Valerie was talking about.

"You've been clearly dying to say something since you got back from Europe. What is it?" Valerie questioned, her patience wearing thin.

Josie took a step closer to Valerie, just before cupping her face with her hands. She leaned forward, pressing her lips against Valerie's.

Valerie's eyes widened in shock, quickly pulling away from Josie. The way Josie looked at her, it felt like everything she wanted growing up was coming true. There was no conscious inside her of telling her that it was wrong, leaning to Valerie forward, their lips touching once more.

After a moment, Valerie pulled away, her eyes fluttering open, "But Rafael--" She began to say, but Josie cut her off.

"Who cares about Rafael?" Josie complained, only to watch as Valerie's eyes went elsewhere, "What is it?"

"Look, it's the urn," Valerie informed Josie, who quickly turned to see the urn hidden in plain sight.

"Let's go," Josie demanded, beginning to walk toward the urn with Valerie following close behind, "You drive."