Ch. 16

Gryffindor won the match by a landslide after the snitch was caught, and the older students decided to throw a celebratory party back in their dorm. While Professor McGonagall warned her house to not partake in any type of alcohol, there was a twinkle in her eye that made everyone believe she knew they were going to anyway.

The party was raging on in the Gryffindor common room with both firewhiskey and Seamus's Irish whiskey that he snuck into Hogwarts in his trunk. Hermione was trying to reign in her disapproval of drinking, especially considering they still needed to do rounds that night.

"Ginny, maybe wait until after rounds to start drinking?" Hermione asked reluctantly as she watched Ginny take a shot of firewhiskey with Dean and Seamus.

"I'll be fine," Ginny said as she waved Hermione off. "I won't have any more until afterwards."

"How many have you had?" Hermione asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Only two," Ginny grinned.

Sighing, Hermione shook her head and checked her watch. Seamus sat down next to Hermione and nudged her. "Come on, 'Mione; it's okay to loosen up!"

"Seamus, I can't loosen up that much," Hermione said as she laughed slightly. "If McGonagall catches me drinking when I'll surely lose my positions as Head Girl and who knows what will happen after that."

"Fair point," Seamus sighed. "Alright. But there's a bit of whiskey with your name on it once rounds are done!"

She laughed and shook her head again as he stood up, making his way back over to Dean. Ginny took Seamus's spot next to Hermione and she giggled slightly as she sat down.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright for rounds?" Hermione asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Absolutely!" Ginny replied. "Rounds are in what, an hour? Plenty of time."

"Just be careful since you're patrolling with Blaise," Hermione sighed.

"Are you suggesting that Blaise would try something?" Ginny asked, suddenly very defensive.

Hermione was quiet for a moment as she stared at her friend. "No, I'm simply asking you to be careful. You still have a boyfriend, Ginny, and you are worried that Blaise is flirting with you and that you like it. Inhibitions tend to drop when someone drinks, and I don't want you to make a mistake that you'll regret."

Ginny leaned back into the couch with a sigh, nodding. "You're right. I'm sorry."

The next hour went by rather quickly, and Hermione was happy to see that Ginny had sobered up before they went off to patrol. They chatted quietly on the way to the Great Hall with the other Gryffindor prefects, hanging back behind the rest of the group.

"Can I talk to you for a second, 'Mione?" Ginny asked, slowing down a bit.

"Yeah, of course!" Hermione slowed her pace as well, giving themselves some privacy from the rest of the Gryffindors. "What's going on?"

Ginny chewed on the inside of her cheek and put her hands in the front pockets of her jacket. She was wearing Blaise's jacket underneath her own, something that she kept from the rest of the Gryffindors.

"I'm just worried that I haven't heard from Harry," Ginny said sadly. "I miss talking to him."

"I miss him too," Hermione said truthfully. "And Ron. But at the same time, they probably would've caused trouble if they were here."

"What do you mean?" Ginny asked.

"Do you think they would've been happy with us being friends with the Slytherins?" Hermione asked in return.