Chapter 3: Truth

As we flew through the air on Salamance, I couldn't stop thinking about what Red said. "Don't trust Silver. He is not what he seems to be." What did he mean by 'He is not what he seems to be.'? I just don't understand? If Silver is not human, then what is he?

"Hey Sharon, why are you so quiet?" Silver asked. I looked up and he was looking back at me.

"It's nothing." I replied. He returned his sights forward. I want to know, how does he know my name? I never told him. I looked over to my right. I though I saw red and blue blurs? Then they were gone. What could they have been?

"We will be arriving soon." Silver said, breaking my stare. Salamance started to descend to a town below. "Next stop Ecruteak City."

I looked toward the town below. Salamance landed in front of the pokemon center. I looked around in awe. Ecruteak was my favorite city because of the Burned Tower.

"Why don't we let our pokemon rest for a while. Nurse Joy will be glad to help." Silver suggested. I nodded and we walked into the center. I walked up to the counter and handed Nurse Joy my pokeballs.

"They'll be fully rested in an hour." Joy told me.

"Ok, thanks." I replied. I walked over to a bench and sat down. Silver sat down beside me. I sat there for a moment. Then I figured out what I wanted to ask.

"Silver, how do you know my name? I never told you." I asked.

"I was watching you when your friend was talking to you." He replied.

"Oh...so you saw the whole little fight then." I asked. He nodded.

"Yea. You should have hung out with him. It's better to keep a friend than losing them." He replied.

"Have you ever lost friends?" I asked curiously. His expression turned grim.

"Yea...I have lost many. To many to name." He replied. I decided to stop asking questions. We killed about twenty minutes with our conversation. We sat in silence for another thirty minutes. Two people walked by us and sat beside me.

"Beware who you trust!" A voice in my head said. I looked around, then my gaze stopped at the two who sat beside me. They were staring at me. One had bright yellow eyes and red hair that went down to her shoulders. The other had deep red eyes and his short blue hair was shaggy. "You shouldn't trust him." The voice said again. I glanced at Silver then back toward the two, but they were gone. I sat there confused about the voice I heard and the two people who sat beside me until nurse Joy called me over.

"Your pokemon are fully rested. We hope to see you again." Nurse Joy said as I took my pokeballs. I nodded then went back over to Silver.

"Ok my pokemon are rested. Ready to go whenever you are." I told him. He nodded and stood.

"Then let's head to the Burned Tower." He grined. I liked his idea. I nodded and followed him out of the center. We walked in silence. When we arrived at the Burned Tower, I stared up at it with awe.

"Wow! I never thought I would ever see anything close to this, but seeing the real thing is amazing!" I squealed.

"I thought you'd like it." He grinned down at me. His eyes looked red again, and they stayed red. I had a bad feeling creep up my spine. "Shall we go in?" I nodded slowly.

I followed behind him as he lead me through the tower. This place really was dangerous. Rotten floors ready to snap and fall, taking anyone with it.

"Some say you can see the legendary dogs on the bottom floor from here." Silver said as he stood on a ledge. I walked over to him and peered down. I didn't see the dogs.

"Must be an old myth." I said. I felt hands on my back, then the pressure came. All I could see was the bottom floor getting closer as I fell. Tears filled my eyes and a scream came from my throat. I turned my head to where I could see Silver. His appearance changed. His hat was silver with black strips on the sides, his red jacket was silver and black. His shorts and hair were darker shades of black. His eyes were black pits with small red pupils. Blood dripped out of his eyes as he grinned down at me. No way! He was Lost Silver! I looked back toward the ground, screaming and closing my eyes.

"Heeellllp!" I screamed. I felt my body start to slow down. I landed on something warm. I opened my eyes and saw two pokemon. The one I sat on was blue and light grey. His red eyes matched those of the two people earlier. The one across from us was red and white with bright yellow eyes. "Latias! Latios!"

"Yes. We have come to help you." Latios said telepathically.

"Thanks!" I said as I hugged his neck.

"Let's get you out of here." Latias said. I nodded.

"Hold on tightly." Latios commanded me. I tightened my grip around his neck. They shot up into the sky through the hole in the roof. I looked back toward Silver, he was glaring at us as we flew. I shivered at his souless glare. I turned my gaze forward. I have no idea where these two are taking me, but I'm glad I'm alive.

After about an hour they began to descend. I looked around the forest they brought me to. I noticed some windmills in the distance. I slid off Latios and looked at the two who had saved me.

"Thanks again for saving me." I told them again.

"It was nothing, we just don't want to see Silver kill another person." Latios said. I looked at him puzzled. "Silver has been bringing people from your world here and has been killing them in many ways."

"Oh...so...he tricked me." I said as I lowered my gaze to the ground.

"Yea, but we want to help you get back home." Latias said. I looked at her and smile slightly.

"How?" I asked. They looked at each other then back at me.

"We need to find Palkia. He controls space, so maybe he can help you back." Latios said. I nodded then looked at the windmills again.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"We are currently outside New Bark Town. Here you will find Lyra. She can help keep you safe from Silver." Latias explained.

"So you are leaving me?" I asked with sadness.

"No, we will follow, but in the shadows." Latios replied. I nodded again and began to walk toward New Bark Town.

Time to find Lyra.