chapter 10:Training Day

I woke up the next morning to Shard sleeping on my chest. Wait...why is she sleeping on me when Star is her trainer? I sighed and picked her up. She opened her eyes and stared at me as I placed her on my pillow. I stretched and got ready for the day. Star came into my room about thirty minutes later.

"Hey Sharon, have you seen Shard?" She asked.

"Yea, she decided to sleep on my stomach. She's on the bed." I tell her. She comes in and picks Shard up.

"Great, now I just need to find Thunder?" She said as she looked around.

"Try the tv in your room." I told her. She nodded and ran out of my room, Fang running after her.

"Well those four are energetic this morning. I guess that's a good thing since they are training today. I may even do training with my Pokemon. I think Glacier could use some work." I decided on a plan for what me and Glacier can do. I left my room and met Star by her door.

"Did you find Thunder?" I asked her. She nodded.

"In the tv like you said." She grinned. I sighed.

"Let's go find Lyra. It's time training began. Don't you think?" I asked her. She nodded and walked to the main entrance. Lyra wasn't there. Where is she?

"Oh...Sharon. Lyra is waiting for you out back by the battlefield." Nurse Joy told us.

"Thanks." We left the center and walked around back. The center was beside the lake, so we had a nice lake view. Lyra was sitting on the grass with her Houndoom laying beside her. She looked so relaxed. Her Houndoom noticed us first and she nudged Lyra's shoulder. She opened her eyes and looked our way.

"Ah, there you are. Are you ready to begin?" She asked us. Star nodded. I let those two do what ever they want.

"You guys train together. I'll be training alone."I told them.

"Alright. If you want to train with us at anytime, just say so." Lyra replied as she stood. I nodded and walked over to the edge of the lake. I grabbed the familiar ice cold pokeball. I tossed it up and Glacier landed beside me.

"Ok Glacier. Today we are going to work on ice beams power. Let's see how much of the lake you can freeze now."

"Gla!" She said happily. She turned toward the lake. She began to charge up her strongest ice beam. She releases the beam and freezes about one third of the lake. "Nice job. By the end of our session, let's try to freeze half the lake." I rubbed her head. She nodded and we continued.

Star Pov.

"Ok Star, who are you going to start training first?" Lyra asked. I thought for a moment. Shard was ok in battle, but I want to train her closer to dusk. Thunder is good for now.

"I'll train Fang first." I told her. Fang jumped at my side. She seemed ready. Shard watched by my side as she waited for her turn.

"Alright then, I'll use my Houndoom then." Lyra said as her Houndoom stood from her spot under the tree. Fang ran out in front of me, ready for my commands.

"I guess We'll start things off with Water Gun." I told Fang. She nodded and began to build water in her maw. Houndoom prepared herself for the attack. Fang shot her attack and Houndoom jumped to the left, dodging the shot.

"Fire fang Houndoom." Lyra calmly told her Pokemon. Fire filled her maw. She charged toward fang, mouth wide open.

"Quickly use water gun!" I commanded. Fang quickly shot water at Houndoom, hitting right within the maw. The fire was extinguished and Houndoom began to cough.