9

By the time Ayo hit the shower, she felt like she was going to drop dead from exhaustion. From Dimeji's office, they had gone straight to the tutorial. Talked with the manager for a short while then Kore had driven them down to Delight, Itunu's new school. As soon as they had stepped into the school's compound, they had all been impressed then they finally met with Tayo, Dimeji's brother. He gave them a form and the list of books and price and the school fee list. Kore immediately did a transfer to the school's account settling Itunu's fees and Ayo filled the form for her son then Tayo directed them to a wholesaler book store close to the school and Kore bought all the textbooks, workbooks but the notebooks were already paid for in the school.

From there they drove down to the market to get the foodstuffs and then Kore bought a new school bag and shoes amidst Ayo's protests. Then he suggested they buy take out which she vehemently refused and decided she was going to make the soup she had intended to cook and then she boiled rice and beans to go with it. On their way home, Kore showed her the mini market in their estate where she could easily get anything she wants concerning food.

Now, she was on her bed, she said a quick prayer before sleep eluded her.

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ

A week after Ayo started going to the tutorial, she went into the main house one evening to ask Kore who had just come back from work, what he would like to eat. She went through the back door into the sitting room only to see Kore hugging a lady. He saw her and slowly detached himself from the lady before Ayo regained herself from shock and said,

"Oh My God! I am so sorry. Excuse me."

"No wait. Meet Fiona. Fiona, meet Ayodunmomi."

Ayo smiled, "It's a pleasure meeting you."

"Same here." Fiona said giving her a small smile.

"Mummy, mummy." Itunu ran in from the kitchen.

"Itunu, how many times have I told you not to run in the house?" Ayo asked Itunu in a raised voice.

"Sorry mummy." Itunu apologized looking down and Kore said,

"This is her son. Itunu."

"How are you my dear?" Fiona asked.

"I am fine ma. Thank you." Itunu asked,

"Please excuse me." Ayo said, scooping Itunu up and she left.

Fiona turned her gaze to Kore who stared back at her, she cocked her head to a side and asked,

"Mind explaining?"

Kore explained, collapsing on one of the seaters,"That's Ayo and her son, I'm sponsoring their education and she's occupying the BQ."

Fiona asked folding her arms as she stared at him, "Kore, you've replaced me even before I've left, right?"

"Wait, is this the first time you are meeting a lady I am helping?"

"No but this one has a child. Who knows if she is looking for someone to father her son."

"Fiona, Ayo is not like that and even if she is, you should know when I am not interested in a woman, I am not, nothing can change my mind except I decide to. And moreover, what are you doing here? I thought we had an agreement?"