Chapter 1: LEt's StARt!...

Kezia's POV

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty, don't want to be late for school, do you??!"
I groan at the voice and dig deeper in my bed, God who screams so early in the morning

"Kezia, Wake up honey. I've made you some delicious breakfast!..."
That sounds like my mom...

"... you'll find your true love at high school"

Yep, that is my mom.

I wake up to my mom still shouting from the other side I groan

"I am awake Mom!", I shout and get up from my bed, making my way towards the restroom.

As I approach the mirror, I notice the faint dark circles beneath my eyes. All those all-nighters I pulled off to finish multiple series and K-dramas have finally taken their toll and gifted me these dark circles. I feel disappointed as I look back at my disheveled appearance, realizing that my dream of going to school with a fresh face and a clear mind has been shattered.

I can't control my body, but I can control my thoughts. With that in mind, I smile as I head toward the shower. The warm water feels amazing on my skin, and I close my eyes, feeling refreshed and energized. However, this feeling lasted for a moment as I started closing in my sleep again. After contemplating for about 10 minutes whether to miss school or stay in bed under the shower, I finally make my way out.

I dress up in denim jeans paired with a tank top and throw on a jacket. I fix my hair in a ponytail, apply some makeup, and pack my bag before making my way downstairs.
I need to look presentable on the first day, that's the least I can do for the first day of school because I've not prepared for it at all.

I wasn't always so messy, my life was once perfect but then arrived the day when I had to join school, every kid hates it and still it's a thing? seriously. Adults need to do better. I know you might think that education is important But, hear me out, My school sucks. It's not cliche but it's not exciting either.

Honestly, I wish I was in high school, where you find handsome bad boys who'll protect you from bullies and mean girls. Unfortunately, that's a dream, and I need to snap out of it. I sighed and went to sit beside my dad at the dining table, who was busy reading the daily newspaper. He seemed so engrossed in the printed piece of paper, he did not notice me.

"Good morning Dad" I signal my presence and wait for a reply.

"Good morning Grace" My dad replies after a few seconds.

"What's for breakfast, mom?" I ask my mom with a smile.

"Good morning to you too Kezia, and why don't you look for yourself it's right before you", I guess we should always wish people before food. My mom is always so expressive of her emotions and a salty mood adds to it, I blame menopause for this.

"I wonder what's good about this morning," I think to myself as I serve a waffle and pour some chocolate syrup on top. It's not every day we get waffles, but I guess my mom made them because it's the first day of school. As I cut into my waffles and take a big bite, my brother enters the dining room.

"Good morning sister," Ben says with a smile, someone needs to take away his wifi, sadly we all use the same wifi.

"Good morning Ben," I say after swallowing my morsel,

"The breakfast is extremely delicious Mom" I smile and look at my mom, trying to butter her up.

"Thank you Kezie, you'll have to learn to make this someday of course. Hopefully sooner than I hope" She smiles back and sips on her orange juice.

"Soon Mom soon" I reply with a pained smile, understanding what she's hinting at. My mom is obsessed with the idea of marriage.

"How are you guys going to school today?" My father says putting down his newspaper and looking at both of us.

"My car," I and Ben say in unison. We look at each other and frown.

"Ben didn't you tell her?, Your brother rented your car to one of his friends yesterday" My father explains and I glare at my brother. He only smiles at me with an innocent look, he is so evil it disgusts me.

"Whom did you ask before giving away MY CAR? Huh!!!" I was out of my chair, ready to bash his face against the wall.

"Lord have Mercy," My mother says frowning at me. My mom's reaction doesn't add up, she has experienced this scenario more than a hundred times. She shouldn't be so fazed by it. But, who wants two quarreling kids in the house anyway?

"Well, I don't need your permission to take my things," My brother says in a normal tone stuffs his face with another bite of waffle, and looks at me with a bored expression.

"Dad bought you a new Car, it isn't yours anymore" I speak giving him a flinty stare.

"But, it was once mine. You got it because of me." The car that I have right now once belonged to Ben, he only used it for 6 months before he gifted me a new one because it's his birthday and I got a gift that day too. You can take a guess, his old car. But, I'm not ungrateful I took it with a big smile because I'm not spoilt like the donkey that sits in front of me"

"Are you always so stupid or did your brain rewire for the day?"

"What can I say, you bring out the stupid in me"; Ben replies with a dry face.

"SHUT UP"

"Bella your car will come back today so don't worry. And as for you Well, you are going to get Bella here because today and today itself now, I don't want to hear a word from both of you" Dad says tired of our bickering

"How should I go to school now? " I ask Dad with a sad face and stuff my face with the last bite. I don't wanna walk to school. I know, I'm lazy but hey, you can't spell Kezia without a Z. Never mind, that makes no sense.

"Bella you going in Ben's car today and Ben no argument," Dad says with a challenging look, ready to fight any opposition.

Ben groans at this but knows better than to argue with Dad.

We finish our breakfast, and with heavy hearts and sour moods, we say our goodbyes as we leave the house and stride towards Ben's car.

I sit in the passenger seat and keep silent as Ben starts his car. He doesn't make any effort to speak.....

"Aren't you gonna say anything?"

"You are stupid" he retorts back.

"Your stupidity must have rubbed on me, I mean we did share the same womb"

"Just shut the fu-rick up";

"You shut up, and I'll tell Mom you cussed at me. BOO"

"Shut up"

"who pissed in your cereal this morning," I ask with irritation.

"Shut up"

This went on till we reached the school building. We soon reached the parking lot. I try to get out of the car. But...There always has to be a But, Right?

"This is going to be a long day" I sigh

---------------------