My light

"You left him!" Hailey screamed as I sat with her on the back deck.

"Well he was trying to talk to me. I'm not ready to talk to him."

"Savannah." She sighed pushing herself into the chair more.

"You need to stop this. You don't need to like the guy but come on. Don't act like a child around him."

"I didn't!" She gave me a stare and I thought about what I did.

"Maybe I'm still a little biter." I was but if you only knew the most of it.

"I'll work on it."

"Um Savannah." I looked up and saw gabby holding onto Walkers hair as she laughed.

"Oh yeah she has started to grab things." I laughed getting up.

"Alright well how do I get her to let go?"

"You don't."

"Savannah!"

"Alright" I laughed grabbing onto her hands "hold still."

I pulled her hands from his hair and took her as she laughed.

"Alright baby girl it's time to get you to bed."

Gabby looked up to me and put he hand to my face. "Momma." My eye's teared up and I saw walker and Haileys shocked faces.

"That's right baby girl." I smiled as I let the tears fall.  "That's right."

That was her first word and I couldn't believe that I heard her say it to me. It made me feel light inside.

A few days later I sat in the shop with Gabby behind the counter with me as I fixed up some books.

It was a slow day because of the rain and all. I didn't really expect to have any one come in.

"Don't worry baby girl. We will be leaving soon." I handed her a bottle and went back to work.

When the bell to the shop went off I looked to see Colton. I panicked and looked down at gabby. I grabbed her blanket and put it over her seat that she was in and said a prayer that she would be quite.

He came in carrying a few books and a rain coat that he pulled away from his head.

"My mom wanted me to return these." He held up some books.

"Thank you." I jumped up taking them from him quickly and checking them back in.

"Listen Savannah I just want to say sorry for how I left."

I was trying to listen but I was hard when I was worried he would see the baby. I wasn't ready to explain and I knew it would be hard.

"I guess I was just trying to save us both from getting hurt."

"It's alright Colton. Thank you for bringing these back."

"That's it?" He asked not moving. I really needed him to go.

Gabby made a noise and the look on his face went to curious. I mimicked the noise and smiled.

"Sorry I'm tired. Do you mind? I-I can close up as soon as you go." I gave him a friendly smile.

"Um yeah...I'll see you Around."

"Yep." He turned and went to the door and before he could open it Gabby started to cry. I stood still as he looked back to me.

Shit

He walked slowly back to me and leaned over the counter. He pulled the blanket up and looked at Gabby who tilted her head in a confused state when she saw him.

"Sav."

"Don't." I said feeling like I could break.

He looked back up to me and I saw how upset he looked. I didn't want to explain this to him. It didn't have anything to do with him and I sure as hell didn't want to hurt him more. Once he heard it he would surely be hurt.

He pulled his hoodie back up. I looked away from his gaze and heard the sound of his boots leaving the store.

I fell down next to Gabby and started to cry and felt everything in me break again. It hurt to much to explain. Why had I done this to myself. I would give anything to go back to the good times.

Flashback:

"Thanks guys" Colton laughed as he pulled me to him. We walked off the football field and over to his mother.

"My baby's a star!" She said grabbing his face kissing him on the head.

"Momma come on." He laughed pulling away.

"She's right. You got at least 10 points tonight for the team." He looked down at me with a big smile.

"Alright you two. Don't stay out to late. Colton you got to help Mr. Brandon with the horses tomorrow at the farm. Don't forget."

"I won't momma." He kissed her goodbye and took my hand pulling me down the bleachers.

In his car we drove down the long dusty road that lead to the party. The music was blasting and I was singing as I looked out the window.

Colton's hand rested on my thy as he drove.

"Cause I wanna wrap you up wanna kiss your lips I wanna make you feel wanted."

"I know you can sing louder then that." I laughed and shook my head.

"Come on if you don't I will."

"Colton stop." I laughed seeing him put his window down.

"Why won't you sing for me babe. Come on."

"No Colton please." I moved closer to him and put my head on his shoulder.

"Alright then I will."

"When I wrap you up when I kiss your lips. Make you feel wanted." He shouted putting his head a little out the window

"Colton!" I laughed sitting up putting my hand on his mouth but he continued to sing with my hand over his mouth.

I pulled it away and kissed him making him shut up. I pulled away making him put his eyes back on the road. He had a smug smile on his face making me giggle. His arm went around my waist pulling me closer as he drove.

End of flashback: