Author's Note

Okay... here comes the sad bit. For me at least.

Firstly, I just want to say thank you. This story has been so amazing for me, and that's pretty much all because of you guys. Seriously; this has taken me a few months over a year to finish, seeing as I've had a few 'small' breaks. And you guys encouraged me to keep coming back to it.

That's not to say that I don't love Finley. Because I do - God, I adore her, and it kills me that I'm never again going to be writing with her sitting on the desk beside me, whispering her story into my ear and poking me when I get something wrong. When you write about characters they become more than just letters - they get to be more like family. Like the invisble friend you had when you were a little kid, who you knew wasn't real but at the same time... of course they're real.

And even though I've had my breaks from this holiday - which you can't blame me for seeing as I had a lot of things going on over the past year (to name a few: a minor heart operation and some state exams) - I always came back to it. And it feels so weird to know that I've written the last thing I'm going to write about little Finley Gaskarth.

Which brings me to another point... there is not going to be a sequel. 

Some of you may have been hoping that there would be one - I don't know. I was kind of hoping there would be one, and after spending some days with a 5SOS-obsessed friend of mine I even considered a sequel that revolved around Finley and Luke Hemmings (which is odd because I don't even listen to them?).

But anyway... there are two reasons why there won't be: the first is that in my experience, sequels usually end up either being abandoned after a few chapters, or turn into some half-assed ghost of a story because the writer got too excited to write about something else to care anymore. And I really don't want that to happen to Finley and Alex.

The second reason is because I like the story the way it is. It turned out the way I wanted it to, and that's the way it's going to stay. I don't want to warp it into something that feels unnatural to me, you know?

Before I finish, I just want to say thank you again, because I don't feel like I've made clear enough how grateful I am to have all of your support. Every vote, every comment, every follow just means so much to me. Whether it's just a vote, or a comment with just a smiley face, or a comment that's a paragraph long, or ten little comments on every sentence you liek throughout a chapter... it's priceless to me. Your support is priceless to me.

~ keep_the_secret