18 Years Alive - Prologue

I was the yin of everybody's yang

I was the yin of everybody's yang. I was born powerless but being immortal was a power alone. It was rare to be what I was but it felt like being normal. Being born from my once human mother, Bella Swan who would've died if she wasn't turned by my 100-year-old father, Edward Cullen as I always thought that I was one of the reasons that she almost died but if it was the birth of my twin, Renesmee that she would've died either way. 
My mother had sacrificed her own life for her daughters which I found to be extremely selfless and heroic but I'm glad to have a mother to this day along with my sister and I'm glad to have a family that loves me. But growing up was different than what I expected from life as I was different from my twin, Renesmee who had always enjoyed nature, she's, of course, an optimist along with special, well that's what everyone said about her. 
It was hard hearing the compliments, the words that she was special when I wasn't ever considered to be special as Renesmee, who was like a beautiful special butterfly while I was a black moth, not special, a symbol of death. Despite that I could never hate her, she was my sister, my blood, and she understood me more than others even though I grew up in her shadow, she sat in the shadows with me.

But it was the fact that years ago we all could've died in a war to see if we were dangerous to them, it brought us all closer and I found myself bonding and spending more time with my dad as he listened to me playing the guitar.

We made it out alive, it was an experience better than words could describe as we could only hope for another battle in years to come.

As Renesmee and I grew up by each other's side as she was the one whom I couldn't imagine living without, as she grew up wanting to become artist and photographer and did painting as a side job while she was often taking her latest pictures of nature, people, and simple things in everyday life. She even soon started a romantic relationship with Jacob whom I had also gotten along with and seen him as an uncle or a brother as she brought him everywhere with us as they were always kissing or in each other's arms. I never found interest in men but had tried dating a man but there was no spark, there nothing that I felt for the man. I had wanted to become a guitarist and make my own music but I had to go under another name besides my own and had to hide who I truly was to keep my family safe, while I often played to calm myself, to become better, to impress others, and a bunch of reasons, it kept me sane all this time. It was my birthday and Nessie's birthday and aunt Ali had to throw a party for us despite our protests for her not to, it was aunt Ali after all.

As I stood in my bedroom filled with violet and black, staring in the tall mirror at my body in the dress aunt Ali had picked out for me as it was a long black simple dress with thin straps along with a pair of red velvet short-heeled flats as she had styled my long black hair into a curls on the side.
This was completely new for me and I only styled myself like this when it was an event, I could be girly but I don't want to be girly and that's just how I feel. I soon pushed a long strand of hair out of my face as glanced at the forbidden tattoo on my shoulder with the tiny butterflies that were barely noticeable as I remembered the night that my parents found out and I was grounded for 4 weeks.