Chapter 1 - Sweet & Sour 18

This was something I thought I was going to remember forever, a story I'd tell my grandchildren, but life is known to make adjustments in your life.

As I had fallen from my windowsill as I felt the adrenaline rushing in my veins while the cool breeze hit my skin and the feeling of rebellion, while Fern stood at the bottom with worry in her eyes and the way she stood.

I found my feet quickly on the ground, landing in the grass as I fell straight on my toes as I couldn't keep a smile off my lips as I had waited 18 years for this while Fern who was 19 years old, had looked worried and scared.

Her bright orange hair that was frizzy like Nessie's was straightened down to every last strand while she wore the clothes that a nun or a nerd would wear, I felt a frown replace my smile as I wondered what happened to her.

" Are you okay, Fern?" I ask her worried while keeping eye contact with her.

" I'm fine just a bit worried that something might happen tonight ... my parents began catching onto what I do and have been getting angry about me being with you. They think that you're a bad influence." Fern said sternly while her light green eyes had shown seriousness and worry.

" Look, it's just for tonight and I won't ever ask you to take me to a bar or a nightclub again," I responded seriously as I knew that her parents weren't exactly blind to what she did in the shadows, not to mention that she was supposed to uphold an image and be a perfect daughter.

" I know but please ... I can't stay long since my parents don't know that I'm out this late and they would kill me and bury me in their backyard if they knew I was with you." Fern exclaimed as she grabbed my wrist as her tone was serious and her eyes showed worry as I let a sigh escape from my lips.

" We won't be long, Fern and if anything such as your parents finding out will be all on me. Besides, I won't stay long if it gets boring or wack there." I said strictly and honestly as I watched her Fern's face rise in objection at my words as I was willing to do that for her, she was going through so much trouble for me.

" Now, let's go before my parents or any of my crazy aunts and uncles catch us leaving," I stated in a light-hearted tone as I began tip-toeing on the dark green grass as her car resided down the street out of sight from my grandparents large home. As we continued tip-toeing from the back of the house towards the sides of the large house as we began tip-toeing faster, I was getting anxious trying to tip-toe everywhere as I began running.

Fern followed in my footsteps as it felt like the weight of the world was on our shoulders, the dangerous and rebellious feelings that ran in my veins. We quickly made our way to her midnight black Honda as she frantically stumbled with her keys and almost even dropped them onto the floor, as she quickly stuck her key in the keyhole to unlock to doors. Fern had quickly jumped inside of the driver's seat as I had jumped in soon after as she was breathing hard, not to mention how cold it was out here.

As we sat there breathing hard as my heart raced in my chest, she quickly shoved another key into the ignition as the car as the car roared loud down the street as Fern panicked as she pushed down the gearstick, putting it in reverse as the car rolled backward slowly as she looked behind us, making sure we wouldn't back up into anything.

Before I knew it the car had an abrupt and heart-stopping halt as I jerked forward in the seat as the car stopped right in this very moment as she pushed up the gearstick into the drive before driving into a U-turn.

As we were finally on the road driving at high speeds, the window open wide as cold air ran through the car and my hair moved with the wind's every move, I was excited to finally be able to get to drink, to be an adult.

" Here ... It's your id that I made earlier today, so from now on you have an id to get cigarettes, get into nightclubs, not bars ... at least not yet. You can do everything an 18 year can do." Fern explained with a sly grin on her lips as she threw an id with a picture of me on it as I felt a giant smile grow on my lips, it was my very own id and I could use to do half the things an adult could do. I quickly shoved it in my pocket, I knew that I would grow close to the id as I had screamed outside of the window as Fern let a chuckle slip from her lips.

I was more than happy, I was elated as I spent the rest of the ride staring at my id happily before remembering to stick it in my pocket, I wasn't going to lose my id.
I looked at the place, as it was filled with neon signs and lights as the place was made of red brick while the place looked kind of small but not to be the size of a Starbucks.

" Fortune's Passion, huh? Was is it, a nightclub for hookups and singles?" I asked Fern in a humorous manner, as I looked at the line full of around 10 to 15 people as I let out an irritated groan, I was not going to be looking forward to this if I was coming here but that also meant that it was a good nightclub if these many people were coming here.

" It is actually a club known for hookups and dates, they have rumors about this place, saying that you could find your soulmate or your first love at this nightclub, Mira. It might be your lucky night." Fern mentioned as I rolled my eyes at the thought of meeting my "soulmate" here, it could be my lucky night but I had never felt affection or had crushes on boys growing up, I had leaned towards girls more than I did boys but that didn't mean I hated boys, I just preferred girls more.

" You might find the perfect girl for you, Mira ... come on, you've been single forever, you've never even dated someone." Fern insisted as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder as she held a bright smile on her lips as her silver eyes followed mine. I noticed her cheeks flushing red as her eyes darted away from mine in embarrassment to my belief, as someone in had gotten into the club causing the line to get shorter, it seemed like we wouldn't be here long.

The line seemed to get shorter by a person or a group every 5 to 10 minutes which was just my luck as the line grew shorter every 5 to 10 minutes, 30 to 40 minutes later and ahead of the line.

" Do you both have id? You need to be 18 and older to enter this nightclub ... come on now cough em up." The large and tall bouncer demanded as he held his hand out waiting for us to give them to him. Fern was the first to give her id up as he checked it, making many different facial expressions as I soon felt worry grow in the pit of my stomach, I was scared of being accused of a fake id.

" You can go in miss ... now it's your turn, I need to see your id young lady." The bouncer announced as Fern stood her ground, waiting for me to give him my id as I had remembered putting it in my pocket as I grabbed the id and gave it to him as he looked at the id for a few moments before glancing at me. As I waited for an answer, for him to give me the go.
" Is this a fake id, mam?" the bouncer asked me with an angry glare in his eyes as I felt worry and panic rise in me, he was asking if it was a fake id as I even thought that Fern might've given me a fake id.

I nodded quickly, trying to avoid his frightening gaze as a few more moments passed by.
" You're fine ... I was just joking about the fake id, you can both go in." The bouncer admitted in a humorous tone that made me chuckle as the worry and panic left but still lingered in my body.

" Dude, that wasn't funny ... you seriously made me question did I have a fake id." I joked with a grin on my lips as he chuckled before telling us to have a good time as we entered the nightclub filled with black and red as there was an upstairs for the bars and had one bar at the ground floor. The dance floor was filled with people dancing, grinding against each other, and having fun while music was blasting so loud, I could go deaf as the place was large with neon lights blaring in the nightclub.

 As I looked around the area, it was pretty big but the first thought on my mind was to go to the bar, excited for a drink as I rushed over to the bar on the first floor as I sit myself down at the almost empty bar.

I notice a woman beside me with caramel skin and black braids that were long enough to be Rapunzel's hair, I notice that she seems to be alone but I pay no mind to her. Moments later, Fern sits next to me as she let out a tiresome sigh as she focuses on me with an irritated glare in her bright green eyes.

" Alright, slow your heels ... you know what I'll start you off on something not that hard then you can pick your own drink ... I'm going to dance floor soon after." Fern explained in a monotone as the male bartender asks her what does want to order as she replies with a classic margarita. I heard of a margarita but they always seemed to be kind of ... common to drink as the bartender quickly whips up the margarita while showing off his cool tricks and skills.

As he finishes the margarita with a lime on the edge of the small glass as Fern sits there watching me as I examine the drink, it smelt good and looked mouth-watering.

" Look, I got you a weaker drink because I don't want you to throw up, I want you to get a taste of what drinking is really like," Fern exclaimed sternly as I nodded with a grin on my lips before I took a huge gulp of salty, bitter taste but the citrus came in making it sweeter, it was pretty good for a first drink and sweet and sour drinks are my favorite kind of drinks but there was this slightly strong feeling that came to me like when you take medicine or something kind of strong.

Fern had soon asked me how was it, to my reply it was pretty good as she gave me a smirk before leaving me to go onto the dance floor as I began to scarf down the margarita, enjoying the taste and flavor along with the high it gave me.

The glass was empty in 5 minutes as the woman beside me with her almost empty glass of something, a chuckle left her lips as she focused onto me with eyes that spoke seduction, something fatal, like a rose with thorns.
" So, I guess you like margarita's too ... is this your first drink?" The woman asked me with a sly grin on her devil-red lips and her rosy cheeks, the smell of her even sent me thirsty for her.