Chapter 2: Experimental Game

" Fine

" Fine ... but don't leave me hanging considering that I gave you a kiss." Haven whispered in my ear before making her way out of the bathroom, a sad sigh soon left my lips, I had grabbed my coat, ready to leave. My eyes darted the nightclub, my arms resting on the balcony barriers, I, however, couldn't see Fern anywhere between almost 200 hundred people. I had pulled out my phone, scrolling until I saw Fern's name in bright lights.

" Fern, where are you?! If you left me here, I swear to god and everything holy and innocent." I wrote to Fern, as I felt anxious, scanning the club again, looking for the auburn-haired girl but no luck. I had no ride to get back home as I nervously bit my bottom lip, 10 minutes passed without a text nor a sight of Fern. I was stuck here and I didn't even want to call my parents unless it's an emergency, as I sat at the bar, drinking water to calm myself down with some hope that she would appear.

" You still here, Mira?" I heard behind me, a familiar voice, Haven who held a gentle smile on her lips.
" Um ... yeah, I'm just waiting on my friend to appear." I responded back kindly yet awkwardly.
" You've been waiting a good 15 minutes on your friend ... do you have a ride?" Haven asked.
" I don't but still I have hope my friend will pop up," I muttered lowly. When things go too good in my life, I guess my life says a huge screw me and leaves me in a nightclub with no way home.

" Well, just so you know that I can give you ride, let me know cause I'm going to leave soon." Haven offered with a smile, her small hand that rested on my shoulder had left me alone.
I knew deep down that Fern wasn't going to show up, I also questioned would it be right to leave with a stranger, I was never the kind to worry about the risks, in fact, I lived to see the risks.
" Haven! Could I take you up on that offer of yours?" I asked with a nervous grin.
" Sure, the offer's valid ... I know life's kind of crappy, I've had a few friends leave me without a warning." Haven exclaimed with a wide grin, walking alongside each other as she seemed perfect.

Renesmee's POV:

It was 2 or maybe 3 but still, I was worried about where Mira could've been, no sign of her in her room, an empty room full of punk rock and playlists

It was 2 or maybe 3 but still, I was worried about where Mira could've been, no sign of her in her room, an empty room full of punk rock and playlists. I couldn't help but tell our father, who honestly seemed extremely worried while my mother tried to comfort him, her hand resting on his shoulder. They even called up our aunts and uncles since our grandparents were out hunting, it was dead silent between us all besides the occasional glances we shared.

I sat beside my father, feeling my body tremble at the fearing thoughts that she ran away or something, I let a deep sigh exit my lips as I stared at the phone in my fingers. 5 missed calls and 13 unanswered texts, I had to try one more time but still, I feel as if I wouldn't get an answer from her.
" Mira! Where are you? Mom, dad, and the rest of us are worried sick about you. Please answer me!" I wrote to Mira, a loud ding fills the silence before I felt my father's eyes gaze beside me.

" Why would she leave late at night on her birthday? It just makes no sense ... maybe we did something to cause this? I don't know, I'll never understand her but that doesn't mean I didn't love her." My father said, full of worry as my mother rubbed his shoulder, trying to ease him.
" She was excited about her birthday, everything seemed to be right ... wait, how do I say this? Mira was excited to reach 18 because she wanted to drink and be able to party." I exclaimed, realizing how much she wanted to drink and finally be an adult.