Chapter 6

Christian

“Good morning,” my mom smiled at me as I walked into the kitchen.

“Morning,” I mumbled sitting down at the table.

“So how was last night with Kate,” she asked me.

“It was good,” I answered.

“That’s good,” she replied. “So what are you planning on doing today?”

“Probably stay home to play some video games and do some homework,” I told her.

“You’re not going to hang out with anybody?”

“Not unless they want to,” I said.

“Okay,” she sighed. “Well, I have to go to work so I guess that I’ll see you later.”

“Bye,” I said as she grabbed her keys and purse then walked out of the house.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal and then went to watch TV.

Kate

“Kate, are you awake,” my mom asked as she knocked on my door.

“Now I am,” I said groggily.

“Good because Brittney’s here,” she replied as she walked into my room with Brittney right behind her.

“What are you doing here,” I asked Brittney sitting up.

“I wanted to hang out with you so that we could talk about your date with Christian,” Brittney answered. “I tried calling and texting you but obviously you weren’t awake yet.”

“You went on a date with Christian,” my mom asked me with surprise.

“Yes, mom, I went on a date with Christian last night,” I told her.

“That’s great,” my mom smiled. “I guess that I’ll leave you two alone to talk.”

“Thanks,” I said before she left my room closing the door behind her.

“Wow, she’s quite happy that you went out with Christian,” Brittney said as she came to sit by me on my bed.

“Yeah, I know,” I sighed. “Anyway, why are you up so early?”

“I don’t know,” she answered. “For the first time in weeks I don’t feel as tired as I have been feeling lately. I told Nate’s mom about it and she told me that it was probably because I’m now in my second trimester of pregnancy.”

“Nice,” I replied.

“Yes, so how was last night,” she asked me.

“It was good,” I answered.

After a couple of minutes of me not continuing, Brittney said, “That’s all I get to know?”

“He walked me home and I kissed him,” I told her. “That’s basically all that happened.”

“You kissed him,” she asked with a huge grin.

“Yes, I kissed him,” I smiled.

“And that’s all,” she asked. “I mean, you didn’t get back together with him or anything else?”

“I already told you that I’m not going to get back together with him until I know for sure that my real dad is gone. Although, I promised him that this whole situation would be over soon.”