Chapter 7

Kate

The next morning I woke up somewhat early and when I tried falling back asleep I failed so I decided to get up and go downstairs to watch TV.

"Well, somebody's up early," my mom said as I walked into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"I couldn't fall back asleep," I shrugged.

"Is everything okay," she asked me.

"Yeah," I answered. "Why wouldn't everything be okay?"

"It's just not like you to wake up so early," she replied.

"I'm fine, mom," I assured her.

"Okay," she sighed. "Hey, I'm going grocery shopping today so is there anything that you want me to get for you?"

"Some Hot Pockets," I told her.

"Okay, I'm actually going to work today," she said. "Do you think that you'll be okay here all by yourself?"

"Mom, I'm fifteen-years-old I'm pretty sure that I'll be okay while you go to work," I answered. "I think that I might invite Brittney over to hang out in a little bit."

"That should be fun," my mom replied. "Anyway, I think that I should get going before I'm late for work. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too," I told her.

She gave me a hug then she grabbed her purse off the counter and left.

I grabbed a granola bar out of the pantry and then went to the living room to watch TV.

Christian

"Christian, it's past twelve what are you doing still in bed," my mom asked me as she shook my shoulder to wake me up.

"What are you doing home," I asked her groggily.

"I came home for lunch," she answered. "Are you going to wake up?"

"I'm awake," I said sitting up.

"Good," she laughed. "Were you up all night or what?"

"No, not really," I told her. "It was probably all of the homework that I did yesterday that made me so tired."

"Sure," she said. "Anyway, I have to get something to eat before I have to go back to work."

"K, I'll be out in a minute," I replied before she left my room.

Once she was gone I grabbed my phone and dialed Kate's number.

"Hey, Christian," Kate said when she answered her phone, "what's up?"

"I was just wondering if you still want to hang out tonight," I told her.

"Of course," she said. "Is seven thirty still okay with you?"

"Yeah," I answered. "I guess that I'll see ya then, bye Kate."

"See ya, Christian," Kate replied, and then I disconnected the phone call.

I got up and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower so that I could get ready for the day.

Kate

When I finally got bored of sitting alone and watching TV all by myself I decided to call Brittney.

"Hey," Brittney said answering the call.

"Hey," I replied, "what are you doing?"

"Watching TV and eating lunch with Nate," she answered. "Why do you ask?"