Rampant: A Divergent FanFiction (Book Two)

"Candor... Be bold enough to follow the truth wherever it may lead you. Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty, truth, and compassion against injustice, lying, and cruelty. If people all over the world could do this, it would change the earth."

        "Dishonesty is rampant..."

        A year has passed, but in seventeen-year old Sage Stronghold's world, there exists only emptiness and grief. After the tragic loss of Randi, he has taken a turn for the worst and changed into that which he never wanted to be; a cold and senseless fighter. With his family and friend's lives on the line, he has no other choice than to follow the orders he's given without hesitation. 

        Under the supervision and strict mandate of Banks, he has been sent on various expeditions to gather information and samples from the factionless; for what purpose, he doesn't know. He doesn't care. To avoid further blood-shed, he has let himself become but a pawn in this new game of life; existing only to facilitate whatever plans Banks may have in store. 

        He knows something bad is coming.

        Something that could affect everyone's way of life.

        But will he act?

        Fighting a tumultuous inner-battle, he's torn between making the decision between right or wrong. As things begin to worsen, he stands balanced on a precipice, about to fall one way or the other; will he continue to live in compliant servitude, or will he dare to risk in all to find out the truth? Everything seems bleak and hopeless, that is, until he meets her. Kind and gentle, but with an edge of mystery, this new transfer-initiate is about to turn his world upside-down.

        The truth sets you free.

        Or is that a lie of its own?

Completed.

A sequel to Transparent: A Divergent FanFiction (Book One)

Prequel: Set before Divergent/ Insurgent/ Allegiant events.