seven

"Addy. Addy. Addy!"

Without looking back, Addy stormed up the steps to Brian and Roger's shared home, Roger's stolen keys in her hand. She'd managed to slip them from his pocket during the ride home, and never before had she been thankful that Brian was driving. She unlocked the front door and went in, tossing the keys onto the coffee table before heading into her temporary room. She shut the door behind her and ran her fingers through her hair, her heart pounding in her chest. Her face felt hot, and the room was spinning around her. Lowering herself onto her bed, she put her face in her hands and sighed shakily. Just outside, she could hear Brian and Roger talking, both of their voices getting louder. Nearby, she heard a door close, and then there was a gentle knock on her door. Slowly, she got up and walked over, checking her face in her mirror to make sure her face wasn't red and blotchy before she opened the door.

"What do you want, Roger?" she asked, looking up with one hand on her hip.

"I want to talk to you, that's what," he said.

"What makes you think I want to talk to you after what you pulled back at Freddie's?" She let go of the door and folded her arms firmly over her chest.

"Just hear me out, will you?"

"No. Good night." She attempted to close the door, but he kept it open with one hand. Addy tried to push on it, but Roger was just that much stronger than her. With a groan, she backed away from the door and let Roger in, turning her back on him as he shut the door behind him.

"No. Open it," she demanded, but he shook his head.

"I don't think either of us want Brian to butt in," he said, arching a brow. Again, another groan left her lips. She didn't want to say it, but he was right.

"Fine. Just get on with it so I can kick you out of here and get a decent night's sleep." She sat herself down on the edge of her bed, and she looked up at him.

"Look, I just didn't want Brian to get, you know, skeptical of us. We both know how, well, protective of you he is," Roger said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm also a grown woman who doesn't need a her male best friend's blessing to interact with, gasp, another male," she argued, crossing her legs at the ankles.

"But you're forgetting a pretty important fact."

"Which is?"

"He'll kill me if he finds us out."

Adeline rose from the edge of the bed, her eyes flashing dangerously. Roger took a step back from her, which only prompted her to step closer to him.

"Are you joking? So you think it's perfectly fine to mess with my heart, and my feelings, because of Brian?"

"Oh no, don't you go pulling that. I saw you holding his hand."

"You were holding Kash's! So it's okay for you to hold another girl's hand, moments after holding mine, but I can't hold my best friend's hand?"

"That's different!"

"No, it's not, you filthy hypocrite!"

The two glared at one another for mere seconds before they were all over each other. Roger's hands desperately gripped her hips as her hands cupped his face, and he pulled her flush against his body as his lips moved against hers. Her eyes fluttered shut as the kiss deepened, and a soft moan left her lips. He backed her up until her legs hit the bed, and she fell backwards, the bed creaking ever so slight upon landing. Quickly, she wrapped her legs around his waist to push him closer, then brought one hand to cup the back of his head. His lips left hers and began to make their way down her neck, all while his hands came to rest on her sides, just under her shirt.