1 - Chapter Four

Drazah calmed his nerve, focusing on his opponent.

"It doesn't have to be this way, Drazah," called The Emperor. "Would it be so bad to bend the knee and pass the reins to a better man?"

"I'll let you know when one offers," boomed Drazah confidently, diving swiftly forward toward The Emperor, sword outstretched ahead of him.

Drazah moved with lightning speed. He thrust his slender sword with incredible strength and uncanny agility, but each thrust he threw was knocked to the side with ease as it careened along the flat of the giant broad sword. The massive blade met each attack with calm precision. For every parry, the King was ready with another jab, only to be blocked effortlessly by The Emperor. Looking for an opening, Drazah's feet never stopped as he danced around The Emperor, but try as he might he was unable to wound or even strike the barbaric figure.

The Emperor swung his mighty sword, the air wailing as the weight of the blade cut through with unnatural speed. Drazah was quick too, he ducked reflexively to avoid the monolithic weapon, bringing his sword up into The Emperor's stomach, the black steel screeching against the bronze chest-plate as it deflected harmlessly away.

The Sudran King rallied but The Emperor knocked back yet another attack, and another, his eyes catching Drazah's for the briefest moment. They glared back, ultraviolet and alive with exhilaration. A smirk stretched out past the side of The Emperor's galea as he looked to Drazah, defending one more thrust without breaking their connection.

The Emperor was enjoying their performance.

Drazah was tiring, but his opponent had barely drawn a sweat. He couldn't believe how fast the bulging mass of muscles standing before him moved. It was as if he moved in slow motion as The Emperor casually deflected his sword. Clearly, it was time to change his approach.

As he expected, Drazah's attack was foiled once more. He followed through into an evasive roll, coming back up to face The Emperor to the outside of their clearing.

"Are you going to get serious?" laughed The Emperor.

Drazah growled in response, his face scrunched in determination, as he threw his sword to the ground. It had been so long since he had transformed, he was almost excited.

The Sudran King lifted his head and released a mighty roar as he willed his body into action. His heart pounded against his chest, sending the blood billowing through his body, as he focused and mana surged.

First came his wings, the skin ripped as they erupted from his back, fanning out behind him. The adrenaline rushed through his body, drumming against his ears, as his wings stretched out to full span and his muscles bulged. His nails expanded into sharp white claws. His black horns stretched up into a point and his skin darkened becoming jet black. He now stood over a foot taller, a demonic creature over eight feet in height that would have been imposing to anyone other than his current opponent.

Drazah tore away his ripped clothing, the fury inside him focussed as his eyes set on The Emperor. His mouth foamed. This time he wouldn't hold back.

Drazah didn't give anyone the chance to admire his fully realised form and drove forward with newfound aggression and blinding speed. In less than a blink, The Emperor readied his sword.

Drazah came in hard with his right fist. Then his left. The speed of his demon form forced The Emperor to work harder to dodge his attacks, but still that colossal sword blocked him. The Emperor sidestepped deftly, using his unique blade's width in place of a shield, becoming an incredible hybrid weapon in his hands. It allowed The Emperor to casually brush off Drazah's attacks, and any time there was an opening The Emperor's strength and incredible speed pulled the hulking broad sword around to meet any incoming attack. Drazah ripped his claws towards The Emperor, screeching them across the metal with a flair of sparks as he failed to break through the Emperor's defences. The Sudran tried again, batting his wings continuously, great gusts of wind whipping at The Emperor to little effect. Drazah's flight added weight to his movements as he swung his arms around with frenzied force. Blow after hammering blow.