§ Protecting Him §

(Two Years Later)
§Eliana's POV§

I stood in the shadows behind a tree in a near by forest. I looked down at the familiar manor and watched as the servants ran past the open windows. I chuckled and continued to watch them from afar.

"I always wonder why you haven't confronted the young earl yet." A too familiar voice said behind me.

I sighed and turned around to see Lucifer leaning against a tree a couple yards away from me.

"You know why Luce. I want to protect him, yet I don't want him to find out of what I had become..." I whispered sadly.

"Come on El', you've finished your training already and you've been watching over him these couple weeks nonstop! I get why you'd want to keep your secret from him, but I can see the longing in your eyes." He told me.

"I guess I'm not ready to show him the new me. I mean what if he thinks different of me?" I asked.

"Eliana. You are the closest to family that little boy has. I don't think he'd think badly about you just because you've become a half demon! I mean he already has a full demon serving him!" He reasoned.

I shook my head and turned back to stare at the manor below me. I watched though the windows as the servants chased a rat through the hallways, shouting in panic and fear. A small smile creeped up my mouth as I watched them in amusement.

I watched as they ran through the hallways failing to catch the small mouse, but then my eyes whipped to a familiar butler walking by. I watched as he caught the rat with ease; leaving the other servants speechless.

"Ah! My,My that demon just seems to be able to do anything doesn't he? I still question how you managed to summon him." Lucifer stated, walking up beside me.

"I don't know...it just happened. I guess it was because Ciel and I were both desperate and in need." I replied.
"I wonder what that little lord is doing right now? Why don't you go check?" He then suggested with a close smile.

I raised my eye brow in suspicion and teleported to the window outside Ciel's study. I peaked inside to see what he was doing and my eyes widened.

'Shit!' I thought.

I climbed into the cluttered room and looked around in anger. I eyed the scattered papers and growled under my breath.

"Who did it?" I asked.

"Azzurro Vanel. He really likes to play dirty doesn't he?" Lucifer's voice answered behind me.

"When did it happen?" I asked next.

"About 5 minutes ago." He mused, walking towards me.

I glared at him and stomped towards the open window.

"Now where do you think you're doing?" He questioned.

"Where do you think?" I growled, pausing in front of the window.

"I thought you didn't want him to know you were alive?" He said amused.

"I've changed my mind." I whispered.

"OK, but be careful Eliana. These people don't play nice." He told me.

"Trust me. I know..." I muttered.

I climbed up onto the window pane and teleported away.

==================================================================================

I landed on top of the gigantic manor and looked out in the distance. I scanned the city below me and sighed. The city looked as if nothing changed over the passed years.