7. Catching Up

The whole car ride home I was distracted because of what Nicki said. She said that Julian was suppose to propose to me. I wanted to know when because I don't know if I would have said yes because I was so young back then when we first started dating. If I ever was to be married I needed to be sure because marriage is love that I want to last forever. Once we got to Julian's house I let Julian catch up with his family while I cooked dinner. I made lemon-capper grilled chicken, brown rice, and broccolini. For dessert, I made my famous chocolate chip banana bread, which Julian's parents loved. Nicki helped me set up the table and then called Julian and their parents. We ate and talked, and after Nicki and her parents said their goodbyes because they were headed to their hotel. 

Julian: You guys know you could've stayed here. You're always welcomed here. 

Frank: It's okay son, we already booked our hotel rooms plus the Kraft family insisted we stay at the hotel as their guests, it would have been rude to say no. 

Nicki: We'll see you two tomorrow! We need to hang out before we head back to California!!

Julian: wait how long are you all staying?

Nicki: We planned to visit just for the weekend because I have work, plus mom and dad didn't want to bother you. 

Julian: You guys could have stayed longer!

Angie: We know sweetie, but you're going to start getting busy with training and everything we didn't want to get in your way..we should be going! Thank you two for picking us up, thank you Kelsey for dinner, we've missed you and your cooking (she came in for a hug, then Frank and Nicki hugged Julian and I) 

Kelsey: Of course! I love cooking for you all, anytime...

Once they left Julian and I cleaned the dishes and I went to get ready for bed. I was in the shower when Julian came into the bathroom. 

Julian: hey bubs...can we talk?

Kelsey: yeah give me one second..I'm almost done 

I walked out of the shower and Julian stood up from the counter to wrap a towel around me. I kissed his cheek and put lotion on and did my skincare routine. After I put my clothes on Julian pulled me closer to him as he leaned against the counter so I was between his legs. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he looked up at me.

Julian: Is everything alright Kelsey?

Kelsey: Yeah why would it not be?

Julian: Kels I can tell when something is bothering you...tell me baby...tell me what you're thinking about in that beautiful head of yours

Kelsey: Baby it's nothing...just thinking you know?

Julian: Is it what Nicki said earlier? 

Kelsey: (I sat on his lap as he wrapped his arms around my waist) Well is it true?

Julian: (he looked into my eyes and pecked my lips) Of course it's true. I was and am now madly, deeply in love with you. I wanted to propose a month after you graduated..I wanted you to move in with me. I wanted to wake up with you beside me. I wanted to share my life with you.

Kelsey: (I started to tear up as Julian wiped my tears) how were you so sure I would have said yes? We were so young back then Julian..we weren't sure about a lot of things..

Julian: Even if you said no..I would have waited until you were ready, I would have and will wait for as long as it takes for you Kelsey James. I love you Kelsey.