Chapter 9.

Sorry for the slow update, they probably will be for a while because of A Levels :(. Enjoy the chapter!

-----

The proposal Harry had just made caused my mind to race as he looked at me awaiting an answer. It was silent between us and had been for what must've been several minutes. The air was cool, my breath could be seen and the clear blue sky had now become the focus of my attention.

"Please say something Lily," Harry begged of me. But I could not answer him straight away as I was in so much surprise at his sudden question.

After noticing my inability to respond, Harry sighed before speaking again.

"I'm sorry it was sudden Lillian but all I want is you. I want you to be my wife, and I your husband. I wish for nothing more than for us to be married and as I would think of you when I was fighting and when I lie awake here with thoughts of you all I can imagine is how incredibly wonderful it'd be to spend everyday of the rest of my life with you." He took a pause for breath and I turned to look at him before he continued, "I imagine we'd have children and you'd be such a wonderful mother Lily and of course I would do my best to be the father every child deserves to have, I would and already do love you endlessly. I know I have to go back out again soon and we will be departed once more but I will fight, I will fight for you and I and the future we can have. I will stay brave for you, so I can see you again and so we can marry and raise children when these times of trouble are behind us. I intend to fight, not only for my country but for you Lily. I will fight to survive so I can show you my love every single day without failure."

His words had me on the brink of tears and as he finished, he looked at me in a pained, hopeful way as he awaited the answer I knew he so desperately wanted from me. And this was all I needed to push me towards that response.

"Yes."

"Yes?" Harry queried as if he were not believing what I had said.

"Yes, I'll marry you. I shall be your wife Harry and you, you shall be my husband," I confirmed.

He looked at me with a face that showed complete happiness and then pulled me toward him. "Thank you," he whispered.

"For what?"

"For making me the happiest I could be Lillian. You've said yes to me. What else could I need?"

And with those words said, he cupped his hands around my face and kissed me. This was not so gentle as it had been previously, this was more passionate and more desperate as he frantically moved his lips against mine and invaded my mouth with his tongue.

He moved me suddenly by my hips so I was sat atop of him. My nurses dress splayed out, spread on to the grass beside us as he moved us into a more comfortable, close position and continued to kiss me. He eventually retracted his lips from my mouth and moved them softly to my neck where he began to leave delicate kisses from under my ear to the nape.

However, it was this that made me remember the time of day and the setting of our joy. "Harry I have to get back."

"No, you don't," he murmured against my skin, his kisses causing me to giggle.

"I do."

"No," he whined humorously burying his head further into my neck. I let him continue until he eventually pulled away.

"Please don't go," he pouted.

"I have to. Meet me here later?" I asked and this seemed to please him as he nodded eagerly. I stood up and ran my hand down my dress to straighten any creases and used my fingers to comb through my entangled hair. Harry stood up also.

"Wait here, and leave when I'm out of sight. Okay?" I was still wary of being caught after the Matron's strict instructions.

"Okay," he agreed before pecking my lips quickly and leaving me to hurry away.

*

The rest of the day, much to my delight had passed very quickly and I was so very eager to see Harry again. I could not concentrate at all, as I completed my duties and I thought of Harry's proposal and our future life he promised we'd have together. For I was to be Mrs Styles, and nothing excited me more.

It was now night time when I ran to see Harry again. The stars were out and the evening air felt beautiful around me. However, Harry appeared not to be as happy as me when I reached him and I was very curious to know what had changed his mood. He was stood against a tree and I walked toward him slowly, standing before him.

"Hi," I greeted him, kissing him on the lips afterward.

"Hello," he shortly responded.

"Are you okay Harry? You seem saddened. I hope you don't regret this morning," I spoke.

"Come here," he requested, pulling me into his chest.  "Of course I don't regret it. I would never regret that, would never regret you," he spoke as I looked up at him.

"What is it then?"

He sighed, wrapping his arms tighter around my waist. "I have to go back. Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? You mean you're going back out there, tomorrow?" I asked, needing him to confirm my queries. It was clear he was to go back soon and he had been recovering quickly but I did not suspect it would be so soon.

"Yes, tomorrow. I'll be leaving you again. To fight."

Tears began to leave my eyes and roll down my cheeks as reality set in that I may not see him again for a while, they say the war will be over by Christmas but who can be so sure?

"I wish you didn't have to go." I muttered between sobs.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry, I wish I did not have to leave you behind either Lillian. However I am going to fight for my country, like a true hero." He pulled me away slightly and grasped my hand in his, before placing it over his chest. "Your hero, Lily."

"Of course," I said. I was not quite sure what it was I was agreeing to but his words brang me comfort.

"Just promise me something?" I asked of him.

"Stay safe."

He looked at me timidly, before nodding. "I'll try."

"And you promise?"

"I promise," he spoke weakly before pulling me back into his embrace.

A/N: Okay, this is really shitty I wrote it really quick. But please, if you do like it; vote and/or comment. I love your feedback! There'll be 2/3 more chapters of this now, I've extended it a little more than I originally intended to. 

Also, please don't forget to check out my new story "Fault" if you haven't already as I would like more people to let me know what they think :) xx