Chapter 5

Ethan's eyes were following Billie as she wandered up to the counter, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Bro," he muttered, lowering his voice. "Are you and Billie... Y'know..."

I nearly choked on my drink as Ethan laughed beside me, my spluttering attracting the attention of a certain black-haired girl at the counter. She smirked, and I instantly went red.

Like always.

"Dude, E, no. It's not even remotely like that," I explained, dabbing my hoodie with a napkin. "Every time I see her, I do some stupid shit. I haven't even had a conversation with her. Also, she's straight, dumbass."

Justin slid into the booth beside me right as I hit Ethan in the back of the head, and leaned over me to do the same.

"Any excuse to hit E, right?"

"Bro, man. Burritos. Do I want to be a burrito? Do I want to fuck a burrito? Sometimes ion even know."

Everyone had eaten their burrito now, and we were just chilling out in the booth watching Billie eat her third.

This girl went crazy on burritos.

Finneas chuckled and shook his head, before getting up to use the restroom. This triggered a chain reaction in the guys amongst the group, and they all dawdled along behind him.

Macy had left a couple hours ago, which left...

Me and Billie.

Alone.

... Great. Time to embarrass myself in front of my new boss again, I guess.

Billie must have read my mind, as a smirk grew on her face.

I ignored her, and opened Instagram, blindly scrolling in order to try and avoid blushing again.

"So," she managed to mumble through her burrito-filled mouth - stopping to burp, and then taking another bite. "You're the new merch designer, huh? What you gotta do?"

My eyebrows furrowed - I was more interested in watching this girl demolish her third burrito than what she was saying. "Uh... Designing merch." I said bluntly, before getting brave. "You always take a huge mouthful before talking, or is it just me who's graced with this beauty of conversational technique?"

Billie grinned, her mouth stuffed full. Chuckling lowly, she cocked an eyebrow and fiddled with the tin foil wrapped around her food. "I guess," she cleared her throat. "You're the lucky one tonight."

She exhaled and threw the rest of her burrito onto her plate, patting her stomach. "I fucking destroyed that, man."

I giggled, watching a smile light up her face.

"Honestly, I've never seen anyone eat that many burritos in one sitting. It was impressive."

Billie laughed, stretching her arms in the air and groaning. "Sexy, right?" She winked, and readjusted her beanie before pulling out her phone. "Damn, it got late quick. Oh shit bro, did we sort out your hotel room? Did you do that with Finn earlier?"

Oh no.

Me and Finneas were meant to go and check out the hotel earlier to see if there were any rooms available near everyone else's, but we totally forgot after he showed me where my bags were.

"No..." I grimaced, suddenly worried about how that's going to work out. "I guess I could go back with Ethan and Justin, they live like 2 hours awa-"

"No way, man. You can't be that far away, you're part do the team now. Nah, we'll figure it out. I'll text Macy, she makes a rota sorting out who's sharing rooms with who, so I'll see if anyone's got a spare spot tonight. We got you."

Billie smiled warmly at me, and I felt my cheeks heat up. She noticed, and opened her mouth to speak when all of the guys piled out of the bathroom shouting and laughing.

Billie glanced at them and back at me before pulling out her phone, probably texting Macy.

I sighed quietly, and we got up to leave - Ethan's arm finding its constant place around my shoulders, as we all wandered out into the warm, nighttime air.