Chapter 36

After our walk and Will telling me about his sister, we went into our rooms and I plopped onto my bed

We had already had our dinner which was a shit ton of burgers and fries.

I decided to sketch for a while since I didn't want to sleep just yet.

I'm not a great artist but I like to think that I sketch decent.

Half way into my sketch I start to hear people arguing outside my room.

I get up and walk outside and see everyone besides James and Lexi.

"Ry it's nothing, really." Will tries to calm a very angry Ryder.

I've never seen Ry this angry ever. He's usually the fun cheerful one of our group.

"No William, it's not. She went too far this time." Ryder shakes his head.

"Fine. It's not like I wanted to come here in the first place!" Lucy shouts and stomps to her room like a child and bangs the door closed.

"Uh guys? What just happened?" I ask, making the two finally notice my presence in the room.

Ry looks at Will as if to ask for confirmation and Will nods.

"Lucy said some things about Will's sister, Emily. Things she shouldn't have." Ry says, clenching his fists.

"Ignore her Ry. She's not worth it." I say, walking to them.

"I need to take a walk to cool down." Ry says and leaves out the door.

"Is he gonna be okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Ryder is not someone who gets angry easily but when he does, all hell breaks lose. I'm surprised he hasn't smashed anything yet."

"And what about you? Are you alright?" I ask concerned.

"Yeah I'm okay." He says locking his eyes with mine and smiling the slightest bit.

^~^

"Did anything happen last night Liv? I heard a few noises." Lexi asks, packing her bag.

"A lot happened yesterday Lex. Will and I went on a walk. Ry and Lucy had a fight and Ry seemed really angry." I say, passing her a few clothes, which she takes and puts inside her bag.

"Ry was angry? Doesn't sound like Ry to me."

"Yeah. He left for a walk to cool down."

"You and Will went on a walk?" She says suggestively, wriggling her eyebrows.

"Oh stop it. He told me about his sister." I say.

"You know what I think?!" We hear Lucy shouting.

"What's going on?" Lexi asks, turning to me.

"Lucy's throwing a tantrum again." I sigh and walk out of the room with Lexi.

"What now Lucy?" Ry sighs. His eyes look red and tired.

Did he not sleep last night?

"I think you're still in fucking love with the dead girl!" Lucy screams.

"Lucy, I think it would be best if you stop now." Will says boldly, standing in front of Lucy.

"Lucy, I will not tolerate you speaking like that about Emily. Get out." Ry says, looking down and clenching his fists.

"Why should I get out when none of this is my fault?! It's not my fault you're still not over her." She huffs and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Lucy, I'm saying this for the last time. Get the fuck out!" Ry says loudly, finally looking up.

"Fine. But this is not over." She huffs again and starts stomping towards the door with her stuff.

James enters and he wears a confused expression.

"Where are you going Lucy?" He asks her.

"Why don't you ask your friend?!" She shouts and leaves.

"What's going on?" James asks.

Ry walks into the bathroom and bangs the door closed.

"I'll tell you later." Lexi sighs and grabs James's hand and takes him to their room to finish packing.

The only ones left standing are me and Will. I look around awkwardly for a while, not knowing what to do.

"I know what you want to ask but it's Ryder's story to tell." He sighs.

"Oh okay. I'll finish packing now."

"Yeah. Me too."