:Believe Me, I'm Lying: 15

"So tell me again why you're going out tonight?" Will asked, crossing his arms, and frowning at me.

"I'm just going somewhere with a friend," I lied, unable to stop my anxious pacing near the door. "Just for some fun."

"Uh-huh," Will responded in tone that led me to think he didn't believe me. "Is that why you're pacing in front of the door way? Because your excited?"

"Yep."

Will rolled his eyes. "Harley, I've known you for almost a year now. I know you have a habit of pacing only when you're really nervous about something."

Of course. Leave it to Will to keep an eye on the most random habits I have. "I'm just nervous because it's my first time going out with actual friends in almost a year."

"You go out with me all the time!"

"You don't count. You're like a dad that likes to force his little girl to go everywhere with him so he can show her off."

Will gasped, looking at me with bright eyes. "You think of me as your father?"

"No," I responded, rolling my eyes.

"Mother?"

"No."

"Husband?"

I sighed. "Go play videogames with Elliot, Will. I swear sometimes you act like your five not twenty-seven."

"I'm just worried, Harley," Will pointed out, frowning again. "Why won't you tell me where you're going?"

"Because I don't know," I admitted truthfully. "It's going to be a... surprise."

Will didn't seem to like that idea. "Who are you going with again? Do you have your cell phone? When will you be back?"

"Friends, yes, I don't know."

"Thanks for not being vague, Harley."

I pursed my lips at him. "Listen, I'll call you when I know where I'm going. Is that good enough for you, dad?"

"You called me dad!" Will cried overdramatically.

Before I could respond to his stupidity, there were three, consecutive, brief knocks on my door. Will sobered up immediately, going forward to open the door before I even had a chance to move towards it. He opened it up and there stood Oliver, a blank expression on his face. When he realized it was Will at the door and not me, he narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Who are you?"

"Will. Who are you?"

Oliver ignored his question. "Does Harley Allen live here?"

"Why do you want to know?" Will responded, crossing his arms again.

Oliver rolled his eyes. "I'm here to pick her up. Does she live here or not?"

"I do," I interjected before Will could speak up again. "This is Will," I added for good measure.

"Pleasure to meet you," Oliver said in a bored tone, his eyes give Will an once-over.

I gave Oliver a flat look before turning to Will. "This is Oliver. He's a... friend."

Will's expression showed he didn't seem pleased with Oliver's first impression, but he kept his comments to himself. Oliver gave me an impatient look and I scowled at him before stepping around Will and out into the hallway.

"What time will she be back?" Will asked Oliver.

Oliver shrugged. "I don't know."

"I'll call you when I know for sure," I assured Will before he could respond to Oliver. "We're going to leave now..."