Believe Me, I'm Lying: 19

"She has to point out every little mistake I make! For example, if I spell waste- as in trash- instead of waist- as in your midriff- or if I accidentally forget to write the d in 'and', she points them out and scolds me. She doesn't give me a break! It's not like I'm the perfect speller. People make mistakes! Besides, fixing my mistakes is what my editor is for."

"Mhm..."

"And not only that, but if italicize a word that doesn't need to be italicized, she gives me a whole lecture about when to italicize. She doesn't know when I want to stress my words! She's just... are you even listening?"

"Mhm..."

Will yanked the magazine I was reading out of my hand, and frowned at me. "What was I saying then?"

"You were complaining about Sherry... again," I responded, trying to grab my magazine.

Will shook his head. "She gets so annoying sometimes."

"I'm sure she's only trying to help-"

"I don't want her help," Will snapped moodily. "If you were a writer, you'd understand how annoying it is when people point out your mistakes and laugh."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You know how you get her to stop that?"

"How?"

"Don't make mistakes."

Will smacked me over the head with the magazine. "Impossible."

"Then don't complain," I snapped.

Will pursed his lips at me. "When are you going to work?"

"Whenever Oliver gets-"

The doorbell rang, cutting my sentence off. Will raised an eyebrow, and I quickly hopped off the couch.

"Is he your chauffeur?"

I ignored Will, hurrying towards Elliot's room. "Elliot! Come here!"

My brother poked his head out of his bedroom door. "Pig?"

"Eli, go answer the door," I ordered, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Do you remember Oliver?"

Elliot gave me a blank look.

"Olive?" I tried.

Elliot nodded in recognition. "Olive!"

I nodded my head. "He's at the door. Open it for him."

Elliot nodded, and hurried towards the front door. I couldn't help but grin in excitement as Elliot fumbled with the door handle for a moment, and then pulled it open. Oliver was standing in the doorway, his hands shoved into his pockets, and his expression bored. Then it turned to confusion as he realized no one was at the door. He lowered his gaze, and when his eyes landed on Elliot, they widened.

Just as Oliver opened his mouth to speak, Elliot spoke.

"Pig doesn't like Olive! Go home!"

With that, Elliot slammed the door in Oliver's face. My jaw-dropped in shock as Elliot proudly started striding towards me. Will started guffawing from the couch as I hurried towards the door in horror. Elliot watched me curiously as I brushed by him and swung the door open. Oliver stared at me, looking shocked.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized quickly. "Ignore Eli, I don't know what he was-"

"Go away, Olive!" Elliot cried, pushing past my legs. "Pig-"

I put my hand on Elliot's head, silencing him. I gave him a small smile. "El, it's okay."

Elliot looked at me for a moment in confusion. "But Pig..." He then turned to Oliver, a frown on his face.