Chapter 10

Monday morning, Elliana walked into the Great Hall with Draco, followed closely by his cronies Crabbe and Goyle who she wasn't really a fan of, but she liked Draco so she put up with them. She had spent the weekend hanging out with Draco and his second year friends as opposed to the other first years since she would be joining them for many of her lessons. They sat at their usual spot for breakfast and were busy eating and talking when their head of house approached where they sat.

"Good morning Professor." Draco smiled charmingly up at Snape. He could be quite the brown nose when he wanted to be, especially when it came to his favorite professor. 

Snape all but ignored him as his sole purpose for approaching them was to hand Elliana her new schedule.

She looked down at it and saw that her first course would be Potions with her father. "I'll see you in class, Professor" she smiled half-heartedly at him. Snape nodded slightly before turning on his heel and returning to his seat at the head table. 

"So let's see what you've got Snape." Draco said, snatching her schedule from her hands before she had a chance to finish looking at it. He pulled his schedule out of his bag for comparison. "Looks like you've got second year potions, transfiguration, charms, and defense against the dark arts. Not bad. But it looks like you're still behind in history of magic and herbology." He snickered.

"Not surprised really. I'm rubbish at herbology" she laughed, "and there really is no way to skip over history without having to do all the reading on my own." 

"Whatever. It's still cool that you're in some second year classes. Are you ready for Potions?" Draco asked while standing and stuffing his schedule back into his bag.

"Yeah. Let's just hope I don't go in there and make a fool of myself in front of everybody."

"If you do, I'll definitely laugh at you." Draco said jokingly nudging her with his shoulder.

"I hope she does." Pansy Parkinson mumbled under her breath. She had been sitting with them at the breakfast table continuing to be ignored by Draco while he talked with his new best friend. She didn't like having the new competition for Draco's attention, and now that she was in classes with them, it would be even worse. 

When they entered the Potions classroom, Elliana followed Draco over to the table in the front of the room where she sat down next to him. She looked around the room to realize that they had class with the Gryffindor students. And then it hit her, the realization that she hadn't thought of in all her excitement. Harry Potter was a second year. She would be having class with her half brother. "Great." She huffed quietly under her breath as she saw him and his two friends enter the classroom and sit near the back.

"What's that?" Draco asked.

"Potter's in this class." She said rolling her eyes.

"Oh yeah, but he's rubbish at Potions."

"Still don't want to see him..."

"Well now you can kick his arse in class, and it'll be even more embarrassing because he gets shown up by a first year."

She smiled a little bit, hoping that that would be the case, rather than making a fool of herself. She couldn't imagine what her father would say if Potter topped her in his class.

"Open your books to page 149." Snape snapped as her strode into the room from his adjoining office. 

Elliana heard the rustling of pages as the other students quickly moved to follow his command. She pulled her potions book out of her bag before realizing that she only had the first year potions book. She looked around and saw everyone else patiently waiting to begin the lesson as she timidly raised her hand.