CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Paul heard a small laugh as his head shot up, looking at Serena who tried to hide the fact that she did that, making herself cough to try and cover it, but obviously, that failed

"So, I was going to wait longer, but honestly, I have too much anxiety, to even think about focusing on my day, about the entire event that took place" Serena admitted, as she looked at him.

"Paul, I just want to know now," She said stepping forward," This imprinting, I don't want it to control our emotions, especially not making us forget what had happened years ago, I want to know why-why did you run Paul?"

Paul looked at her, as he gulped, it was his time to say what he needed, what he had been guilty of," I ran because I feared commitment, because I was afraid of us falling too in love, just to break one day"

Serena peered into his eyes frowning," Did you think what we had was not strong enough? That even if there came a time, when it seemed hopeless, we wouldn't be able to fix it?"

Paul shook his head quickly," No absolutely not Serena, I never thought that not even for a moment"

"Then what was it, Paul?" Serena questioned as she hugged herself

He then finally confessed his deepest fear," I knew that it would end in a way, that I messed up, that I was the one who made all of it go downhill"

Serena lowered her head and shook it, "You're wrong Paul" She said as she turned back up looking into his eyes," You can't just think you're the only one who can mess up in a relationship, just as much as you, I could have been the one to mess uo, but besides that point, instead of fearing for it to end, why didn't you just hope for the beginning?"

Paul let out a breath, at her question, that had pretty much slapped him across the face. It was true, all he thought, after hearing the words, was how it would end, and he didn't even focus on the journey that laid ahead of it.

"Paul, maybe it was not the time for me to even say it and-"

No! No, it was the right time Serena, it was never wrong, and you have no idea how much I wanted to say it back" Paul cut her off, as she gaped at him.

"What?" She asked lowering her hands

He let out a sigh," I love you Serena, and I never stopped, and even before you said those words, I had been madly in love with you"

Serena had not expected those words to come out of his mouth, and she was not expecting it at all, since she just thought of this day, for them to talk, not somehow blurt out their deep feelings.

She was not going to walk away, but she was not going to just make this fall into place, and as she was about to speak, but Paul spoke up," I don't want you to think, this will fix the mistake I did, Serena, and I just wanted you to know it, and if you are willing, please, allow me to prove it to you" This had surprised her to fully extend at his words, not once again expecting him to take the words from her mouth.

"No, Paul, we both have something to prove together," She said reached forward taking his hand.