CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Waiting

Waiting.

Waiting was so excruciatingly painful, especially If it was for a person's life that could end or continue.

Serena Black had been in a coma for five entire months, with no sign of waking up, and the entire family and friends had been going each day, with the hope of hearing her voice, seeing her smile and beautiful dark brown eyes.

It had not been at all easy for Paul-the anger he always had, was just not there, instead, the boys would always find him, looking off into the distance, and hardly speaking to them, unless needed. The one thing, he had been doing, is spending most of his time, with Billy, the only person he really opened up to if he wasn't by himself or at the hospital.

"Hey, Paul, it's time to go," Embry said, as he walked inside Serena's hospital room. Both of the boys wearing their graduation gowns, since it was finally their time to graduate.

"I know" Paul mumbled, as he got off the chair, kissing Serena's forehead, letting out a sigh. Embry knew that Serena more than anything, wanted to attend the graduation since it was when all of the boys, except Jared, Leah and Sam who already proceeded, would graduate and Seth had one more year.

Paul wanted more than anything, for her to be there since, it was also Jacob's graduation, and she would be really bummed for missing it.

He followed Embry out, leaving the hospital, to all the boys, Leah and Emily waiting outside their vehicles, knowing he just like them, all hope Serena would have awakened by then.

Carlisle was doing his daily checkup on all his patients, and it was Serena's turn, on his list. He did the usual of checking her vitals, but the moment he had made contact with her arm, her eyes shot open.

"Oh, my" Carlisle said as he smiled," Welcome back Serena Black"

She turned her head looking at Carlisle," How long has it been?" She asked with her voice slightly cracking, as she got up and he had leaned over, helping her up, but she waved him off," It's okay Dr Cullen, I feel fine"

"It's been five months" He answered and Serena's eyes shot wide open turning to the vampire

"What?! It only felt like- Wow..." He chuckled at her sudden energy and proceeded to check her over.

"It seems you are perfectly healthy, which is honestly very shocking since usually people who wake up from a coma, have withdrawals" He commented as she awkwardly chuckled.

She didn't hate Carlisle in particular, she was just uncomfortable being around vampires, especially since now she had a trauma of being nearly killed by not only one-but two.

The one from her childhood only attempted to frighten her and didn't even lay a single hand on her-so she wasn't left being traumatized.

Whereas the recent one had triggered the switch of fear within.

Serena furrowed her brows as she looked at the digital calendar across the room," Dr Cullen, please tell me, that's not the real date" She pointed and he turned to look at it

"Oh, right, today is your brother's and friend's graduation"

Serena shot up from bed, despite the IV in her arm," No! I can't miss it!" He looked at her knowing what she wanted.