-REASON TWENTY EIGHT-

July 4th, 1979.

Nice things come and go.

Rosie had always thought that was a shit saying ever since she saw it on the chalkboard walls of the café she used to work at back in Berlin. She didn't believe it, always thought it was one of those wannabe hipsters who wrote it there.

She had Roger at the time being, which their relationship seemed like it would last forever. Their love was like a never ending waterfall in paradise, she didn't think it was possible for them to separate.

But now she does.

They bicker and shout impeccable words at each other until they are run down and fucking sobbing in their hands. But the same night...they'd run back into the other's arms because they both know that they can't do anything without the other half. It made Rosie sad. It made the both of them sad.

It wasn't supposed to end this way. They were supposed to get married, have the world's most talented kids and remain in love until the end of their days because everyone knew that they were destined to be together.

That night at Jonas' stupid house party—the awkwardness of not understanding a language to fluency and having friends who don't care about you ended up being the best thing for them in 1971. It was the little moments that made them fall in love with each other. The inside jokes and waking up in the morning together, their date nights and Rosie's embarrassing stories, it was him occasionally bragging about having such an amazing girlfriend and her commenting with a winky face just for the laughs.

Nice things come and go. She believes it now—as she and Roger have yet another stand off in the kitchen.

This time it was on both of their parts.

First it was Roger.

He is stressed. There is less than five days left to convince her to stay, or more, to convince her to keep the relationship. He didn't sleep last night, his mind was overthinking and for a moment, he felt it was like to be Rosie who was no better than him.

She woke up at three in the morning, seemingly fine compared to all the other time she had done so. When she woke up, she felt Roger place his hand on top of hers. She thought about everything—from the beginning to now—trying to find an answer for their deteriorating relationship.

She has nothing.

Not even for their constant bickering today.

It was Rosie who got off bed first, rushing to the bathroom to clean up only to return to an unmade bed and Roger's disappearance from their bedroom. She called him over, pointing out the sheets scrambled and dangling off the bed, and he just shrugs it off because he is apparently "not in the mood to make a bed". Neither was she, but she had the confidence to go after him and mumble about how he isn't in the mood for anything.

Roger knitted his eyebrows together and joined her pointless conversation, stating that he's too stressed right now. To which, Rosie countered with how he cleaned up the entire house the night before a concert when he was stressed out about not being his best during rehearsals.

Then it was Rosie's work—how demanding those meetings are even though there was no meeting today. She pointed out his habit of making plans without telling her the night of. It was small things—the refrigerator left open, the clothes in the dryer, the dusty shelf where a framed picture of their fifth year anniversary, nothing to snack on in the cabinet, comparisons of their relationship now to a year ago.

"I don't get why you get mad at me for going to work meetings, but you defend yourself when I get mad because you told me your plans with the boys fifteen minutes ago."