Ch. Sixteen: An Odd Encounter (2)

◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻
Loading.....

◼◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻

5% written

◼◼◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻
13% written

◼◼◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻
21% written

◼◼◼◼◼◻◻◻◻◻
49% written

Loading....

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼
100% written

Chapter successfully uploaded

Chapter(s) remaining: (1)

- o - o - o -

Ch. Sixteen: An Odd Encounter (2)

(Y/N)'s Perspective

"Please come again!"

That was the last thing we heard of the brunet shopkeeper as we walk to the door to exit the building. The little gold bell above the door rings once again as Sebastian opens the door for the young master, before exiting right after. I was hot on their trails as I, too, walked out.

The master halts in his tracks just in the side of the street, his heels making a click! sound as his gaze was fixated on the moving carriages in front of him. His expression nothing more than a half-bored and half-serious look. Seeming to be uncaring. His gray gloved right hand, though, held the wooden cane that we previously bought for him.

Sebastian was about to leave to fetch our carriage when the sound of a loud shriek hits all of our ears and we all turned our head to the left, seeing a woman with a panicked and worried expression stitched into her face. Meanwhile, a man wearing a cloak with brightly-colored symbols with the hood over his head (making his face unrecognizable), while holding something in his hands runs towards our direction in a fast rate.

'Huh, crime doesn't stop, even in a weather like this.' I thought as the supposed thief halts just a few meters away from us before turning away to run across the street. It seems as if he doesn't want to go near us for some reason.

Wonder why.

"Someone stop him! Call the police!"

The woman cries but I was already far, far away from her as I sprinted to catch up to the man that stole from her. I heard my name being called but I didn't pay any mind to it, seeing as it was probably only the master or Sebastian, as I continue to sprint.

Soon enough, faint footsteps enter my ears as I hear someone running to me, not so far behind. I turn my head a little, so that I can still see the thief and take a look on who's following me. All I see is a silhouette of a man, and I guess it was Sebastian, since, no one can catch up with a demon other than a demon.

Speaking of demons being faster, the thief seems to fit the characteristics since he is faster than me.

And because of that, I changed into my shape-shifter form, then I shifted into the one and only cheetah as I followed the thief. We ran through alleyways, over dumpsters-heck, even through a shop!

But as the snow slowly start to freeze my paws of its cold temperature, I slowly started to get annoyed.

And a bit cold.

The thief leads me through a large crowd walking the opposite way, making me almost lose him if not for the fact that I spotted one of the brightly-colored symbols embedded on his cloak. Making him stick out like a sore thumb through the sea of dark-colored dresses and suits.

I was about to grab him when he appeared to slow down, but he just had to spot me behind him and run away again, huh?

I'm getting quite tired.

'No, I can't give up yet.' I thought as a sudden rush of adrenaline pulses through my veins, and I was catching up to the man. The footsteps behind me, though, I lost in the crowd.

He now lead me to the park, where a large frozen lake lays in the middle. He ran towards the lake, and his shoes -I noticed- now had sharp blades under them as he glides through the frozen water. He skates quickly towards the other end, and I transformed back to my shape-shifter form, before smoke swallowed me and shifted me into a large bird as I flew up into the air.

Once I was high enough, I spot the man already half-way across the lake, and about to reach the other end in his fast speed. I let out a 'caw' sound as I dive down to the ground, but before I actually dive to my death, I put my claws in front of me to push his shoulders before he stumbled forwards by the sudden weight on his back.

((You get to choose what you weight but, large birds are legit heavy. I know that cuz I get to make an eagle sit on my arm in the zoo, and I was young))

((Also, their claws kinda pierce through the gloves-Moving on))

I flap my wings forward so that I wouldn't fall with the man as he hits the ground with his face first, and skids a few feet before stopping. I flap my wings as I let another 'caw', before I shifted back to my humane form. I walk towards him, noticing the brown bag a meter from him, as he slowly gets up. I flipped him over as I grab him by the collar of his shirt under the cloak, the simple movement made his hood go down and finally reveal who he really is.

Confusion.

"A-Austin....?"

Oh how I miss you.

"Hehe, you caught me."

- o - o - o -
Thank you for reading.

Update: yes, if you haven't noticed, she has her powers back. It goes back when a special person (meaning, a close friend, a family member, or someone who just means something to her) kisses her. Doesn't matter how, so it can be on the cheeks, forehead, the back of her hand-heck. Even on the lips.

But that's too early for the book so, none of that lip-to-lip kisses.....yet. Poor you.

Anyways,

Onto N e x t C h a p t e r