-3-

Batman was in front of the mysterious boy's room, holding a bowl of mashed potatoes and a cup of water. Besides helping the boy trust him the food was to fatten him up. He was as skinny as a twig, no doubt the GIW rarely fed him, if at all. When he had looked through all the files he currently had decoded he couldn't find anything about food unrelated to an experiment. That alone made his stomach churn with anger, food was necessary for the boy's other half, it was no wonder the color inverted form hadn't been triggered once that inhibitor collar came off.

Inside the room, Danny was still shaken by the experience with the green skinned man. Danny held onto his weak left arm so he wouldn't shake, his mind swirling with ideas and scenarios. He didn't know what happened to the green guy but he looked in pain.

He didn't know what was going on or what he should be doing. And the lack of violence was concerning, he felt like it was pent up and eventually it was going to break, break right on him. It was scary, he didn't know what to do.

Danny shivered as he remembered that he looked at the black core man in the eye. He knew that was the man that had moved him rooms, he was the man in charge. Even if agent A hadn't laid a finger on him (well he had, but not in a violent way) someone was bound to. And now that he looked the man in the eye he knew he was in trouble. He was going to be beaten till he was knocked out, shocked and dissected, every painful experiment imaginable just because he looked someone in the eyes.

The little halfa was destined for endless pain and suffering.

Another shiver rattled his body and he rocked himself back and forth, he had always found the swaying motion calming. The man would return to punish him, he deserved it, he broke the rules.

He remembered seeing the green man, but he wasn't sure he was a man, his core was odd. It was like an ameba, changing shape and doing weird things like suddenly changing to a purplish white. He was in pain and Danny had no idea how but he felt like it was his fault. Another reason to punish him.

Danny sat in the corner of the room with his bare arms wrapped around his drawn up legs. He absentmindedly noticed his pants were really long and the wall was cold to his bare back. The child trembled slightly in fear, laying his head on his knees and keeping his back and forth rhythm.

The door swung open and Danny immediately ducked his head in his arms with a terrified squeak.

Here it comes.

The little white haired halfas breathing got shallow and his body convulsed again as terror returned to his being. The back core man had entered the room, he could tell without looking by the sounds. His boots sounded heavy on the ground when in reality the room was virtually silent. Danny's voice betrayed him as it whined, he should know better than to make noise, noise made them more angry.

"I'm not going to hurt you." A dark voice said amidst his panic driven thoughts. The man's voice was grumbly but somewhat calming, and very serious.

Danny shied away as Batman got closer. The man's words didn't make any sense, he didn't know what those words meant. Agent A had said them too, but he didn't understand why those words were being said. They weren't an order, it was more of a statement, what did they want him to do with that statement?

"I brought you some food, I assume it's been a while since you last ate." The dark man said, at the same time something clinked against the countertop. A bowl and cup.

Danny was only more confused. What did this man want from him?! Why would he give him food?! Why wasn't he hitting him already?!

"Hey, it's alright. Do you remember me? I'm Batman." The man- Batman- asked him a question, a yes or no question, those he could answer without punishment.