-5-

The small child wiped at his eyes, still crying heavily but it felt good for once, and good was a hard thing to come by as a halfa. Danny rocked back and forth, his least painful activity that he knew of that could express his elated happiness.

Robin wanted to hug the poor kid, but he felt like that was a hill to be climbed another day. The child was emotionally spent as of right now, he could tell the small experiment was getting tired.

Robin backed away but held out a hand with a kind smile. "sa mergem, Știu unde a găsi o cămașă Pentru dumneavoastră." (Lets go, I know where to find a shirt for you.)

Danny continued to wipe away his tears, quieting enough so he could do what this boy wanted. He really really hoped this all wasn't a trick, it would be a mean nasty trick the GIW wouldn't think twice about doing. But he didn't care at this point, if he was free he was free, if he was getting tricked then it would be no surprise and hopefully they would finally kill him.

He didn't know what to do about the outstretched hand though, he stared at it in confusion, eyes flicking up to Robin's for a split second before going back down to the hand. He started leaning away from it, hands always hurt him, even if this kid promised safety he was still wary if it was a trap of sorts.

"It's okay Danny," he said for the thousandth time. But this time Danny understood it was supposed to be a calming or comforting phrase, in which it did neither for the small experiment. "We're not going to hurt you, we want to help."

The Boy Wonder had an odd expression, his lips were tilted upwards but it was like the old man's, sad even though it was an action that meant happy. His gloved hand that he stretched out was reaching for him now, going to his right side where his good hand clenched the bed sheets.

Danny flinched upon contact, even though the brush of his hand was gentle against his own. The younger male kept saying it was alright, that he was safe, but even if they weren't GIW he didn't know what they wanted, what they were going to do to him, or what he should be doing to keep everything 'alright' and 'okay'.

The small gloved hand dug at his own, prying it off from the bed and gently positioning an odd hand-hold. Robin lifted their joined hands to show Danny, his unmasked eyes searching his face for something Danny didn't know of.

"Come on, let's go upstairs."

Oh, they were going somewhere, his teary eyes squinted in confusion, wasn't this his cell? Were they taking him somewhere else for something harmful? That's what the GIW would have done, but Robin and the other guy... Batman... said they weren't GIW. So what were they going to do? It shouldn't matter though, even if they did mean things to him he still had to follow orders.

Danny shifted his legs over the edge of the bed, his hand still being held by Robin and the older boy moved away to give him room. The halfa quietly slid off the bed, head down and nervously keeping himself to himself. He wanted to let go of Robin's hand, it felt weird, it wasn't like when the agents grabbed his arms to drag him anywhere, their hands were together, like both of them were holding onto each other. Danny didn't know what to do in this situation, so he reciprocated the hold. If Robin wanted to hold his hand then Danny should hold it back just in case, he didn't want to get in trouble.

Once he was sure on his feet Robin began to move slowly twards the fallen door, gently tugging Danny along. Again, Danny was thrown off guard, Robin wasn't being violent with him at all. The GIW were the bad guys and Robin and Batman must be the good guys because they didn't do GIW things, but... how was Danny supposed to act with good people? They were obviously very different, but now that Danny was 'free' he had no idea what to do, what would happen to him now?