-13-

YaaaYYYYY!!

Finally! This chapter did not want to be written. I had imagined this scene forever and when I started it was going down easy. Then the world ended (almost literally this time) and college became online and everything sucked (still sucks) and FINALLY HERE WE ARE. HAVE AT IT YOU HEATHENS!

ALL 20,292 WORDS OF IT.

On a more serious note, I'm assuming that if you've gotten this far you're okay with heavy angst and themes and stuff.  Just letting you know it doesn't really let up this chapter, but as always it is chased by fluff so I hope you guys are okay with that. Its not all happy, but it gets there eventually.

That being said, the beginning of this chapter kinda backtracks, starting when Dick and Alfred went into Danny's room cuz of the cyber GIW attack.

So without further aidu, let the angst and fluff (yes it does exist) commence!

Danny bolted upright as the door opened, not yet comprehending where he was, only that he had been asleep and now the door was opening and that meant something bad was going to happen. The ground was soft somehow, it made it difficult to move but that didn't stop Danny. His legs went immediately up to his chest and he used his arms to scoot backward out of the weird mesh he woke up in. He had to climb on top of another squishy thing before his back was finally to something solid. There he huddled with his hands over his head and waited, watching as not GIW agents but the oldest and youngest Guardian went around the room.

Agent A... the uh... Alfred type of Agent A was coming closer. Danny ducked his head into his knees, hoping the Guardians didn't want him for anything even though that was the only reason they would be here. Guardians didn't do experiments or hitting, so Danny was very nervous and cautious as to what the Guardians were supposed to do with him. Danny wasn't sure he wanted to find out, only knowing it would be different from the GIW but it was still probably going to hurt. He was just an evil ghost after all, humans weren't supposed to be nice to him.

"We didn't mean to startle you, Master Danny," Alfred's voice spoke in the English then went away. Danny just sat very still, trying to understand what the word 'startle' means and why he kept putting the word 'master' right before his name. Bruce and Dick didn't do that, it was only Alfred, what was it supposed to mean?

Danny jumped when Dick's voice spouted next to him, speaking in that one language Danny understood. "Sorry Danny, everything is fine. We didn't mean to wake you up, you can go back to sleep if you'd like."

Well, that was okay with Danny, he didn't know when he was supposed to wake up anyway so this was good. Danny's hands went into his hair, curling his arms up and over so his fingers brushed against the bare nape of his neck. Oh, the cape was gone. He was on a bed with pillows and blankets. Yeah, it was a good thing the Guardians were here, they gave him soft things and dark places to hide, they were nice for some reason. They were better than agents, at least Danny liked them better than agents, but making them happy seemed impossible!

Danny just kept his head down, unsure of what to do while Dick and Alfred went around the room. They were being weird, they weren't doing anything with him or to him, just... existing near him. Danny didn't like that, it heightened his senses, trying to perceive the threat before it attacked. He liked knowing when it was coming, but these Guardians were all wrong and bad, they didn't do normal human things like giving ghost pain.

"Its okay Danny, we're uh, just checking the room. Alfred lost something important and we think he left it in here." Dick's voice explained and Danny flinched. He must have noticed Danny's unease, but now what? That was the moment Dick was supposed to attack him like any normal human would, but instead he got more words and no hitting. "Nothing bad is going to happen to you, I promise."